• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker removal?

cdhowell

NAXJA Forum User
What are you guys doing after you take these off? Looks kind of shitty with the holes in the fenders.
Not looking to do a lot of body work and repaint.

Maybe put rivits in the holes and hit them with a dash of touch up paint to try and make them blend in? I have never tried this, it was just the first thing i thought of after reading your post. hope it helps.

Just cut off the fender.

You can replace the front fenders with some junkyard 1's. And just put rivets in the rear like stated above. Seen it done it doesnt look bad. I just left the holes. With the carpet removed and all the backseat hardware taken out theres so many holes in it anyways water still gets in so I wasnt to worried about the BW holes!

Put some hair around them, park it near the bar at closing time and see what you attract.

Put the bushwackers back on after you bumpstop accordingly!

Mine were hanging off a few weeks ago after a wheeling trip. So I took them off. I need to bumpstop more and when the bushwackers go back on, they will be getting washers and nuts on the backside of the fenders. Self tappers don't work too well on the thin sheet metal.

Mine are falling off too. I am going to TAP plastics and by some thicker plastic strips, drill the hole again and use these for the nuts and bolts. I figure if the piece is wider than a washer maybe it won't pull out through the sheet metal. But then again it could tear a BF hole instead.

Go to a parts store and check out thier selection of trim fasteners, they usually have some black nylon plugs that might work.

You could pretend you never bought them!

Travel is not the issue here. Large rocks with big hands grab these things and try to tear the damn things off. They have cracked, bent sheet metal, and in general been a reel pain! I have a nother project to beat on and want to keep this in reasonably good shape. ploblem is covering up the holes and cut lines that don't look like an after thought.

I would buy a new fender if you want it to look pretty. Or trim them and at protect-o-lining

xjfrancis said:
I'm not sure why this person went and installed the quarter pannel armor and then put bushwachers on top of that, seems kinda pointless.

Maybe to keep the cops off of arse... just a guess though...

Back