• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumpstops??

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i'm putting a 4.5" lift in the front and a 4" lift in the rear. i will be running 33x12.5" tires. i'm assuming i won't need much trimming if at all but what about bumpstops. can i wait on those or will not putting them on right away cause problems? thanks guys:eeks1:

I'd put them on asap...I waited a few weeks to do mine after I put more lift on and it didnt hurt anything but I was just driving around town. I would definitely put them on before you go wheeling at all. You can put hockey pucks in the front, I did mine in a few minutes with some 5 minute epoxy from wal mart. I used 3 regular pucks on each side and one practice puck each on top. The practice pucks are softer than the regular ones and soften it up considerably when bottoming out. For the rears, I just used the regular bump stops with a piece of square tubing to space them down.

I had a thread about it a few weeks ago, there are some different ideas that others suggested there.

thanks alot. i was going to pay for new ones but now i'll just do what you did. with the lift that i will have and tires will the same thing you did work for me?

I built my own adjustables on my trail rig;
bumpstop6ta5.jpg

I made these non adjustables for my sons rig;
trailrig24tj1.jpg

trailrig26nx0.jpg

Back