• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nates 4x4

I haven't heard of him until now but I really like those front bumpers, Anyone know if it'll fit and older XJ/MJ front with some trimming? Not meaning to hi-jack.

I really like the bumper too, so I ordered one on July 24th. He accepted my paypal a few days later and I still havnt received the bumper. I am starting to get pissed off. If you look at his eBay account, it seems like he normally takes longer then he says he will to get your bumper to you. Sorry to hack your thread but can anyone give me some advise on how to finish the bumper, do i need to do anything special or can i just paint it?
Thanks

I have his front winch bumper and love it. Easily the best and cheapest bumper out there for a XJ. You can option it out how you want and it comes with nice steering box plate like a C-Rok plate to strengthen this area and also tie in at 12 points to your XJ. He is very backed up being that he and someone else build the bumpers in a warehouse. If you give him an extra $50 like I did, he gets it out to you in under a week shipped. He did this for me from Michigan to California. His bumper was around $400 and is a work of art. I'm thinking of getting his non winch bumper with a hitch and his rear bumper with a hitch for my dd 98' XJ. You cannot go wrong with him, it just will take awhile if you don't give the extra $50 where he does your bumper afterwork and on the weekend if needed, otherwise his lead time is 4-6 weeks last time I checked with him recently. He does lots of Wrangler bumpers as well and those guys keep him very busy. He does do a good job on the XJ stuff so I don't mind a little wait.

I want to give this guy props because he definately deserves it, but I almost want to keep this my own secret until he builds my front and rear bumper for my 98' XJ dd. :) Here is link to his website with his XJ stuff:

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25&osCsid=bb6f37bd5dd9c878dfc996d6cccb8968

Troy

Thier products look nice to me. I've never seen them before but thier site has alot of detailed photos of thier products...shouldn't be any surprises when recieving your bumper.

ya i started this thread cause at one point i thought i might of been getting scammed but i finally got the tracking number and saw it got shipped yesterday so i very much look foward to my new front bumper

That front bumper is nice, but the rear kinda looks like the swim platform on the back of a boat. His welds sure are pretty. I bookmarked his page. I talked to the guy that fabbed the bumper on my WJ and he wants $600 for something similar to Nate's bumper. :bs: Won't be going there for the next winch bumper.

i have his rear and have run over and bashed many trees not a single dent just some paint missing. i love it. only wish i knew about the extra 50 to get it faster, would've paid it in a heartbeat.

Creech said:
That front bumper is nice, but the rear kinda looks like the swim platform on the back of a boat. His welds sure are pretty. I bookmarked his page. I talked to the guy that fabbed the bumper on my WJ and he wants $600 for something similar to Nate's bumper. :bs: Won't be going there for the next winch bumper.

I have his rear bumper without the tire carrier, with a hitch and D-rings. Tucks up closer to the XJ than stock by over an inch - would make a really shitty swim platform as there is barely room to get a toe-hold at the center.

I love his stuff, and he shipped mine as he promised to. Give him a call, he's a great guy to do bizness with!

I probably will. I keep looking at his winch bumper, and it gets prettier every day.

Back