• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar poll

What trackbar set up are you running

• Rubicon Express

Votes: 104 53.3%
  • Rusty's

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Rough Country

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Rock Krawler

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • TNT

Votes: 26 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys, I have read countless threads on trackbars and now this is just simply a poll for what everyone is running. If your running a trackbar and bracket set up, please comment on what it is and how you like or dislike it. Thanks!

lol I love RUSTY!

I have a custom straight tracbar with a heim on one end and a poly bushing on the other end. I'm still using Rusty's mount. It's holding up well.

The Rusty's tracbar sucked, as well know, especially if you mount it upside down... bushings were junk and the adjustment broke off at the jam nut.

Last edited:
I ended up buying an RE HD bracket as a long term solution and plan on using their adj track bar as well.

I bought the Rusty's and the Adjustment worked fine BUT the bushings ended up being the culprit... on mine

You forgot the "other" option.

I'm running a Track Bar system from Kevin's Offroad. http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

It utilizes a modified stock Track Bar mount, and combines it with a JKS Adjustable Track Bar (Which JKS custom builds for him specifically, to his standards) to make quite the beefy setup. Little pricey, however I highly recommend it.

Kortb1.jpg

Kortb2.jpg

Kortb3.jpg

Kortb5.jpg

Kortb4.jpg

Scott

My TnT is holding up great. The whole setup is BEEFY, the mount is awsome and fit like a golve. When i opened the box i was like, "damn this is some thick shit"

lowrange2 said:
lol I love RUSTY!

I have a custom straight tracbar with a heim on one end and a poly bushing on the other end. I'm still using Rusty's mount. It's holding up well.

The Rusty's tracbar sucked, as well know, especially if you mount it upside down... bushings were junk and the adjustment broke off at the jam nut.

I have the Rusty's bar as well. Its working out just fine. The HD bracket is BEEFY. I like it and I know several people in our area run it.

I too had my first tracbar from rusty's bend on me at the adjustment/jam nut section. But that my fault since I got in a hurry to finish the lift and didn't snug the jam nut down hard enough. The replacement hasn't had one little bit of problems.

RE here. I had the Rusty's.. never had any problems with it but, I never trusted it.

Actually, the Rusty's is in my garage with the bracket. If some one wants to buy it... PM me.

BTW... seeing the RE next to the Rusty's is night and day difference. Even the brackets are night and day. The only othe track bar I would purchase is the TnT.

Last edited:
Dirt said:
RE here. I had the Rusty's.. never had any problems with it but, I never trusted it.

Actually, the Rusty's is in my garage with the bracket. If some one wants to buy it... PM me.
How much shipped to 71115?

xj² said:

I'm running a Track Bar system from Kevin's Offroad. http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/tbconversion.html

It utilizes a modified stock Track Bar mount, and combines it with a JKS Adjustable Track Bar (Which JKS custom builds for him specifically, to his standards) to make quite the beefy setup. Little pricey, however I highly recommend it.

Kortb1.jpg

Kortb2.jpg

Kortb3.jpg

Kortb5.jpg

Kortb4.jpg

Scott

I realized that after I posted this, but it would not allow me to edit the poll, just the contents of the thread.

I have had the RE tb. I now have the TNT unit with bracket. They are both nice trackbars in my opinion. The TNT bracket is very stout and everything did fit great.

#2 for KOR TB conversion
(Haven't used the harder bushings yet)
After going thruogh a new Quadratec TB as well as a used mount. I went this route since this JKS bar is good from 0-8 in. of lift and was at stock height this was the best way for me to go. Since I'm not made of money and will need to piece together my lift. (custom:D)
Lesson learned: Don't buy crap and save money down the road.
Last Sept. I was T-Boned in my front axle by a newb driver hard enough to deploy newbs airbags and blast the 2 coffees she just purchased from Charbucks all over, tore front valence(plasticbumpercovercrap) and peeled quarter panel. Me: nothing but a dented rim(steel,repaired), bent front axle (disco,replaced non-disco), and frame shop says chassis alignment is out of spec.(3mm)
Couple of easy fixes and I can live with 3mm., but could have been a whole lot worse. TB took brunt of the force, stock may have sheared, especially old worn 20yr old TRE and mount.

Custom fabbed

I currently have TNT, but I am going to be replacing it with a custom straight bar with a heim on the axle end, and modifying the bracket for a RE brace.

Cause keeping it simple is boring :D

xj² said:

KOR FTW!!! the modified mount makes KOR's setup far superior to the others.

xj² said:
It utilizes a modified stock Track Bar mount, and combines it with a JKS Adjustable Track Bar (Which JKS custom builds for him specifically, to his standards) to make quite the beefy setup. Little pricey, however I highly recommend it.Scott

Thats partially right. He uses a modified mount that he does put together and have powdercoated. That is a JKS piece though. So you could do it yourself if you wanted to (welding required, and not as pretty as his). But the trac bar he uses is not custom made for him. He uses the JKS WJ bar straight from JKS, no changes. I know he says that on his site now. But back in the day when I bought it, and very few people had it at that point as it was expensive then and brand new to the market, the website specifically said that it was the JKS WJ tracbar. And looking at your TB Scott, there have been no design changes since my original piece.

I ran that bar on my last rig and loved it since it's essentially all OEM and JKS parts, you really can't go wrong, just an overall great piece.

I now run a modified RE HD setup. For the simple reason that I was not going to chop up my brand new $300 Kevin/JKS tracbar.

altierior said:
KOR FTW!!! the modified mount makes KOR's setup far superior to the others.

How can a stock bracket be better than say.......a TNT bracket? TNT's is one piece of steel that is formed and welded. Is it overkill? Probably. TNT's bracket has a lifetime warranty as well. All around it's FAR superior to the KOR piece.

I'm not a fan of the KOR setup. Lots of guys running them with no trouble but, I don't like it. Just looks cheesy to me. Looks like that welded on piece will pop right off.

I run a TNT and I'd buy another. I did sheer the frame end bolt, (at the gas station no less) but I honestly think there was a bad batch of bolts(TNT supplied) that got out. Several others had the same issue. I've wheeled fairly hard with it since and had no issues. TNT makes a beefy trackbar. No doubt about that.

HaleYes said:
How can a stock bracket be better than say.......a TNT bracket? TNT's is one piece of steel that is formed and welded. Is it overkill? Probably. TNT's bracket has a lifetime warranty as well. All around it's FAR superior to the KOR piece.

I'm not a fan of the KOR setup. Lots of guys running them with no trouble but, I don't like it. Just looks cheesy to me. Looks like that welded on piece will pop right off.

I run a TNT and I'd buy another. I did sheer the frame end bolt, (at the gas station no less) but I honestly think there was a bad batch of bolts(TNT supplied) that got out. Several others had the same issue. I've wheeled fairly hard with it since and had no issues. TNT makes a beefy trackbar. No doubt about that.

x2 that welded piece on there looks cheezy and cheap. Id rather have a stout bracket then a stock one with a welded piece on it.

Back