• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's with 4" lift???

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
right now i have the RC 3" lift with new leaf packs and front springs. i'm not sure if it is a full 3" higher with this lift? but anyways, i'm going to be getting 1" coil spacers and 1" shackles in the rear. i'm also getting bushwacker fender flares which i'm assuming will require that i trim the fenders up a bit?? so with the extra lift i'm adding and fender trimming required for the flares will i be able to fit 33" tires?

Step one. don't get the bushcrackers.

Step two. drink beer.

Step three. embrace teh sawzall.

Step fow. bumpstop.

33s on 4 inches is a perfect match.

i know bushwackers are not very sturdy but i really don't do any aggressive wheeling. they do look good though and thats what i'm looking for.

lancey3 said:
Step one. don't get the bushcrackers.

Step two. drink beer.

Step three. embrace teh sawzall.

Step fow. bumpstop.

33s on 4 inches is a perfect match.

Basically everything you need to know. I had bushcrackers for bout 10 feet on a trail. Do you wheel? If you do you want a low COG, duh. If you dont you still want one but its not as important. If your not sawzall happy I would say get a 2 inch shackle spacer lift and go from there.

-Alex

if you want them, get them! i never liked the cheesy look of no fenders personally and they'll keep you legal as well keep the road and trail from your windshield and face if you drive with the windows down. I ran fenderless for awhile and couldn't stand mud and dirt getting thrown all over the hood, glass and me (cause i like the windows rolled down) so i got BW and i like the look of them. I have never had a problem on the trail with them either. IMO

mucovich said:
if you want them, get them! i never liked the cheesy look of no fenders personally and they'll keep you legal as well keep the road and trail from your windshield and face if you drive with the windows down. I ran fenderless for awhile and couldn't stand mud and dirt getting thrown all over the hood, glass and me (cause i like the windows rolled down) so i got BW and i like the look of them. I have never had a problem on the trail with them either. IMO

If they fall of look at those pop rivets in your door panel and quarter panel. You won't be so happy repairing those.

lancey3 said:
If they fall of look at those pop rivets in your door panel and quarter panel. You won't be so happy repairing those.

yeah, that's true, luckily i haven't had to deal with that yet.:laugh:

search for 53guy's writeup on retaining stock flares..

Any tires smaller than 35's...Bushwackers will make them look TINY. First of all, your going to have to trim anyways, then your going to have to install the wackers and it wont look good...to me anyways. I think the trick with bushwackers is that you need big tires and still need some of that clearance for them to look "right" do what you want, but forking over 400 bucks for some flares is stupid.

meow.

what the hell?

Back