• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff cover that will out survive the XJ..

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I ordered a diff cover from ruffstuffspecialties and man it looked beefy in the pictures but in person this thing is outrageous...

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

100$ delivered can go wrong I think...

3/8" cover, 1/2" ring...

Thats good rollover protection. Its like having ballast.

2001XJeep said:
That is AWESOME! Total overkill, I love it.

Where did you get it from?

ruffstuffspecialties.com Enter coupon code PBB10 (I think thats what it is, go over to Pirate if its not and see what they use, its under axle items under vendor section). 99$-9 = 90 + 9$shipping... 99$ to the door... They have em for most axles also..

rstarch345 said:
Look a lot like this, except the welds aren't as good.
8.25.JPG

I agree.. But with it welded inside and out and all. I dont care if the welds are pretty, But I feel very comfortable that they will never fail in either leaking or strength. not to mention its a bit less $.. And dan at ruffstuff is a top notch dude...

ruggedjeep said:
i would think ruffstuffspecialties

hey Robert, how long till you received it ?

Right now if your lucky you might still get one thats in stock and 1 day in so cali. BUT if he's out again (they sell like 30 a week of D30,D44 and 14bolt covers they said) then it could be weeks.

daym Xmas here..

got the cover, the cage and now this All in one day ..

DSCF0001.jpg

Selling my Rusty's Dana 30 cover protector / skid plate, if anyones interested. Never hit anything yet. 25$ plus shipping...

Last edited:
MogifiedXJ said:
I saw those on ebay and really liked them. It's definetly a beefy diff cover. Check out greatlakeoffroad they make some nice covers too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Extreme-Duty-Diff-Cover-Dana-60-44-14-Bolt_W0QQitemZ260023875944QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33728QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yep they are basically the same thing. I have a 8.8 comign from them with the drain plug, since ruffstuff didnt have one made at this time.. Like 20$ more but hey its with a drain plug and in stock..

attachment.php

looks like a liitle overkill for a 30, i am really happy with the stock cover and i don't treat it well, now the 8.25 is a different story, already peeled one back and am worried about the next.

I ordered both my 8.25 and Dana 30. And recieved them today. They weigh like 25 pounds between the 2 of them and look beefy as hell. I cant wait to get them on. I wont have to worry about anything. RUFFSTUFFSPECIALTIES.COM. Dan is a cool guy. Great price and fast shipping. Next day in California. And a flat rate for shipping. it was 9 or 10 bux to get both covers. Im happy.

Nick

Yeah I've ordered stuff from ruffstuffspecialties.com before. Dan actually refunded part of my order for excess shipping. How many companies do you know that will do that? Rustys? bwahahahah they actually make profit on shipping.

shortxjdoug said:
looks like a liitle overkill for a 30...

Yep.. Gota love it huh... :viking:

Back