• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Go Fer It Flip Inserts

play_in_the_mud

NAXJA Forum User
So i was on the shop for about 13 hours yesterday, doing a number of things, took off the old lift, put on a new one, the toy is now about 4 inches taller without the new tires. Also installed the go fer it tie rod flip inserts. Pretty cool, a complete pain in the @#$# to drill through the knuckle, you'll need a nice new god drill bit and a lot of patience. OH and an air drill, dont try with a cordless, lol. (not that we did, just in case someone was going to try) I have the rustys tie rod conversion. This will not completely work with flips. We had to cut off the steering stabilizer mount, bang in the trac bar mount a bit, and adjust the steering stops a lot. We're gonna have to make a new mount for my steering stabilizer, for now, i dont have one. Just wanted to post this incase anyone was going to try the flips with he rustys steering. Its prolly the easiest steering set up to so it on. But it wont be a simple drill, spot weld, and go job. Anyone has any ideas for the steering stabilizer, im open for ideas. I forgot the camera at the shop, i'll put up so pics as soon as i go back for it.

Back