• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alignment

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
I just put on a new tie rod and im trying to align the tires. Im having trouble getting them both straight. There was a thread on here not too long ago but i cant seen to find it, i cant remember what the title was. The best way to get the toe right is to measure the distance between the tires in front of the axle and behind, and make sure they are the same. Is this correct?

Thanks

Dan

go.jeep-xj.info Its under "suspension"
With the 231 case, you want 1/8 to 3/16 closer in the front.

you could pay someone, I hate doing that crap, the 3 year alignment plan I bought from tire kingdom is the best 100bucks I have ever spent.

Home alignment is easy,accurate measuring is a must ,but difficult.The only method(Ive used for 30+ years) is to scribe the tire.The simplest way is to drive a nail thru a 2x4,lift each tire "just" off the ground,now spin it while gently sliding the 2x4 into the tire.You now have a fine line to work with that is perfectly straight!

Back