• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different lift options

benulis55

NAXJA Forum User
got myself a 96 xj and now im looking to lift it

i like the whole jeepspeed style of rigs but its not practical. I live in Pa. and want to be able to do hills, mud, and rocks but this will be a weekend driver as well. I've seen a few different options, let me know what you think. I'd also like to note that the price of everything made my jaw drop. I have access to a machine shop, welder, mill, lathe. For that reason, I considered b uilding my lift kit, minus leafs and coils.

I would like a sort of hybid jeepspeed and rock/mud rig

i was looking at deaver springs, 5.5" lift is right up my alley. 4.5 is too small and 8" is too high.

I know the deaver stuff is pricey, but i want to make it clear that i want to this right the first time. I can hold of to save up more cash if I need to.

Skyjacker ock ready kits seem nce but are way too much money

Soooo, a lift between 5-6" tell me what works?????

I have a factory XJ d44 to swap in. I have access to front and rear waggy d44s, should i use the waggys or the rear xj and leave in the front d30? I plan on running 33s, unless they are too small and it would look dumb. I would also like advice on rear lockers, but theres other threads that talk about that. I actually have two rear factoy d44s and need to get ri o one. Ill throw that on the classifieds.

Help out a newbie guys, I really appreciate your input.

Paul in Pa

Back