• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

check my bumper

rooneypower

NAXJA Forum User
This is what i've got so far. :party: The brackets are made out of 3/8 sheet metal and the rest of the bumper is 1/8 sheet metal..

Take a look and let me have some feedback on what I'm doing..

FrontBumperonjeep.jpg

FrontBumperonjeep2.jpg

FrontBumperonjeep3.jpg

I will put up a few pics of the bumper by itself in a few..

rooneypower said:
google sketchup!! Great program!!

So should I change to 1/4 for everything that is 1/8" then??

1/4 for the brackets for sure! What's in the box? Tools? Parts? Strap? Or is that just a winch place holder.

Is the Cherokee a default thing you can pick from in google sketchup?

brakets 1/4" and the rest at least 3/16" think about sandwiching the 'frame rails' and extending the driver side mounting braket to tie into the steering box mount. and make sure the clevis mount tabs are welded in there good on BOTH sides of the bumper.

the brackets are 3/8. That will hold.

I've been using the plans that show where to mount the brackets relitive to the steering bolts. they are long enough.

I Will change all of the metal to 3/16 then.

the red box is just a place holder for a winch, just to give you an idea of what im working with..

From the little time I have spent using google sketch up. I know that it would be difficult/time consuming to model the front end of a Cherokee that nicely. Nice work. :thumbup: :worship:

oh...and the bumper looks nice. Go build it.

Chris

Go to rhino3d.com . You only get 25 saves but its a proffesional program. Way faster and you can render.

If you ever plan on using autocad/3d programming in your life id stay away from sketchup.

Rc stuff:
Tuber-4.jpg

BFG.jpg

12mm.jpg

he.jpg

*transmission is not mine.
Ag.jpg

Use to be into sketchup
Frontbumper.jpg

ya i know how to use those more complex programs too. The main reason I use sketchup is because its free, and VERY easy to use. But like you said, it can only do so much...

Keil

UPDATE: Now it is all 3/16" except the brackets which are 3/8"

I increased the approach angle of both the front of the bumper and the sides of the bumper.
A few other small things got changed also....
FrontBumperonjeep2nddraft2.jpg

FrontBumperonjeep2nddraft.jpg

FrontBumperoffjeep2nddraft3.jpg

FrontBumperoffjeep2nddraft2.jpg

FrontBumperoffjeep2nddraft.jpg

Back