• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant decide which wheel size, please help

Cheveyboy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys any insight would be greaty apreciated. I have been searching for some hours now and narrowed down my rim size choices to either a 15x7 with 5 inch BS or a 15x8 with 4.75 BS.

I have a 2000 XJ with a RE 3.5 inch lift, I dont want to rub fender flares or cut the fender, I will probley be runing 31x10.50 for the rest of its life. I want a wee bit less backspace because I rub LCA and sway bar disco's once in while. I have adjusted the steering lock a litle bit but I dont want to go to nuts with that. The big reason actualy for the Rim change is because my stockers are rusted all up, and I want some black rims for appearance purposes. So I dont want to stay with stock rims, if someone sugests that. :)

I understaned 8 inch wide rims leave me more open to larger tires, wich I dont want larger or wider tires, but I like the 4.75 back space for some reason. Or I can go with 7 inch wides with 5 inch backspaces but for some reason a whole .25 diffence from the stock backspace doesnt sound like its going to help me much.

Thanks,

Will

15x8 with 4 inches of BS and 33 inch tires. Trimmed fenders and bumpstops. So you'd be fine with 31 inch tires. I think most people run 4 to 4.5 inches of BS.
calico06m.jpg

Cheveyboy said:
4 inchs wont be jaming tire into the fender under heavy articulation?
backspacing will need to be less with a wider rim to accomplish the same wheel placement as a narrower rim.

Back