• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lincoln front and rear

jeep/bronco

NAXJA Forum User
a buddy of mine has a tj on 40's with d44s he has front and rear welded up and has never broke anything or noticed anything other than being difficult to turn tightly thats why he installed full hydro steering. my jeep will not see the road again so im considering doing the same thing until i upgrade to waggy 44's. with a stock 30 and 35 on a 89 xj am i gonna see any negative results from doing this.

haha, that is an awesome idea if you have plenty of replacement shafts. :D I would not take the time to take the diff cover off the d35 to even try and upgrade it, let alone welding it up. wait..time can be your friend

the one guy i personally know who welded his dana30 on 33's broke 2 shafts in the same weekend. one was tire stacking in a parking lot and the other on a dirt road.

as for welded dana44's with 40's and full hydro. talk about prioroties

When I broke my front axle shaft on my D-30 the ball joints went with it and the tire fell off. Are you going to carry enough tools and spare parts to take care of something like that?

My next step was to upgrade to a D-44 front with all kinds of goodies on it.

triple a dont usually do towing/recovery off the beaten path!I've killed stock d30 joints and shafts on an open diff!!silly rabbit!

just weld the axleshafts into the main weld, and put full beads until the whole carrier is solid. Then as said 36 or 37's will be fine

you can also reduce friction and add horsepower by running it dry as there are no more spiders to lube.

RyanM said:
just weld the axleshafts into the main weld, and put full beads until the whole carrier is solid. Then as said 36 or 37's will be fine

:roflmao: :twak: :roflmao: :twak: :roflmao: :gee:

do it, you will be stranded on the trail waiting for someone to install a better axle for u front and rear

Back