• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Staun Beadlocks

I've been running tubes for amost 5 years. I currently run TSL Q78's with tubes and air down 5 psi. Never lost a bead. I haven't had any problems with the tire spinning on the rim either. If you think about it, Staun's are little tubes. Also make sure you get radial tubes for radials and bais plies for bias ply tires.

BrokenXJ said:
I've been running tubes for amost 5 years. I currently run TSL Q78's with tubes and air down 5 psi. Never lost a bead. I haven't had any problems with the tire spinning on the rim either. If you think about it, Staun's are little tubes. Also make sure you get radial tubes for radials and bais plies for bias ply tires.

What kind of tubes? From truck tires?

Staun's are way more than little tubes, more like a tire with in a tire with a tube. I have been running them for a year with no issues. I decided to use them after I had to use my CO2 to air up a bead locked Toy; he knocked the inner bead off on the rocks.
Some things I do not like about them, Metal Valve Stems I have not broken one yet but it worries me, some times when I am airing down below 10 psi the air comes out really slow and I always run less then 10 psi. I have run 2 psi in the snow with no issues.

what about the weld on kits? they were like $50 each rim. i dont know the name right off the top of my head

No, I am talking about tire tubes for about $20. Tire Tubes. You guys are reading to many magazines :) You need to get them from farm supply stores like the linked above.

XJ031.jpg

This truck is running TSL/Q78's with $20 Farm Implement Tubes at 5 psi.

BrokenXJ said:
No, I am talking about tire tubes for about $20. Tire Tubes. You guys are reading to many magazines :) You need to get them from farm supply stores like the linked above.

XJ031.jpg

This truck is running TSL/Q78's with $20 Farm Implement Tubes at 5 psi.

Tire tubes are crap, seriously. They might work somewhat for you, but they are not in the same feild as a true beadlock or stauns inner locks. The whole point of a beadlock is being able to air down to extremely low PSI's without losing a bead. You can still lose a bead when just running inner tubes.

The post was asking for the cheapest way to lock the bead :doh: 5 psi is pretty low for a TSL. Even if the bead pops, the tire does not deflate. I'm not trying to say they are better than a true beadalock, I'm trying to say they are cheaper and serve the same purpose.

Back