• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Staun Beadlocks

markaboo929 said:
i am getting these next week the last one on the bottm.http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/196,708_Speedway-IMCA-Approved-Beadlock-and-Non-Beadlock-Wheel-15-x-8-5-on-45.html. $109.99 not bad for a true beadlock. its actually a bassett wheel just with sppedway's name on it.

Check out the outter ring dimensions on those raceway locks first. Dirt track beadlocks typically use a very thin locking ring. They WILL bend the first time you scrape them.
Ask me how I know.

One unexpected bonus of the Staun I found is that I use a lot less CO2 when I air up my 35’s. This is because the Staun takes up about 1/3 of the volume of the tire. Stauns also lock the inner and outer bead. They also can be run flat for several miles.
Yes they are a littlie pricey but there are a lot of advantages and you will never have a cop tell you bead locks are not legal

Staun's are nice... I do know of a few guys here in NC that cut them when they cut a tire... What's Staun's warranty like?

I also considered them prior to doing some www.ruffstuffspecialties.com DIY 17" beadlocks. The Advantages I see is a large weight reduction (if that matters to you) and the ability to keep your alloy wheels. Disadvantages I see are pinching or cutting the bladders and only running 6psi. I ran 6psi on 15x8" wheels and 36" Iroks w/o any beadlocks... To me the point of running a beadlock is to run low air pressure (2-3psi).

I didn't see anything on them saying you can't run below 6psi. On their site they say that some light buggies run 0psi.
I am planning to order a set here this month but trying to find the best price. Whats the best price thats been found for them. I wanted some stauns and the new 35" LTB's but they wont be out now until April.

Back