• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what trails are on your "must do" list?

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
yeah i know its a little early but i'm not talking about a trail schedule. more like thinking out loud about what i want to run. i've already been there twice, first trip was the 20th anniversary and i pretty much stuck to the "easy" runs. Klondike Bluffs, Hidden Canyon, Wipe Out Hill, Top Of The World, Dead Horse Point, Gemini Bridges, Long Canyon. second trip in May 06 i went out to hang with the kids in the IC for their Spring Fling and i did Rose Garden Hill /Top Of The World, Hell's Revenge, Shafer Trail/Dead Horse Pt, and Seven Mile Rim. my guide book has been required bathroom reading for a few years now and i'm thinkin for this next trip out i want to hit Fins & Things, Metal Masher, Poison Spider Mesa, and some of the easy stuff like Mineral Point and the hoop up thru the La Salle range. but i might want to do the long trip around White Rim too.
yeah i spend too much time thinking about this crap.

instead of mineral point you should go down into mineral bottom there is some really cool stuff down there to see, at least better than what is on the mineral point loop

jmaxj said:
instead of mineral point you should go down into mineral bottom there is some really cool stuff down there to see, at least better than what is on the mineral point loop

i was planing on that as well..

I am hoping to do Mineral Bottom as well. I would also like to try either Steel Bender or Cliffhanger.

One of the other things I would like to do is a day of geocaching. There are alot around there that are jeep friendly.

Depends on the XJ(s) I bring. Got another $50 one that if I can get past smog will be there. :repair:

I'd like to two day White Rim also, but that would require different planning as I normally don't bring any camping gear along to Moab. Elephant ??? (guess I need Mike's book) always sounded appealing except that it is an ALL day adventure.

The XJeeper's photos of the LaSalle's make me wonder why I haven't been up there before.

IllianaXJ said:
I may be doing a bit of this, along with a little job research :thumbup:
X2, Maybe we should do a seperate geocache run. Or... Have are own little comp. See who can come up with the most caches in the week.

I think I had more fun on Kane Creek than any other trail. Definately going to spend some time on that one again. Also, Escalator kicked my ass last year...I have been waiting to extract my revenge. And speaking of which, Hell's Gate/Hell's Revenge is always a lot of fun.

Somebody asked me if Potato Salad hill was closed the recently, and I hadn't heard of it. Can anybody shed some light on whether it's sill open?

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Somebody asked me if Potato Salad hill was closed the recently, and I hadn't heard of it. Can anybody shed some light on whether it's sill open?

-----Matt-----
I haven't heard anything on the local boards. I would think they would scream like pigs if it got closed.

Dump Bump and Lions back have been closed for good though. Since they are in the same area you might be getting conflicting info there.

How can they close Dump Bump when it's part of the Hell's Revenge trail?

Lion's back is completely separate. Dump Bump is literally connected to the trail. You go over the little mini lion's back and at the bottom, to the left, is Dump Bump... an optional part of the trail. Impossible to close unless they but a barbed wire fence on the left side of the trail. So did they really close it? That's one of my favorite obstacles!
Moab097.jpg

Well dang it! It didn't really bother me that Lion's Back had closed. That sort of thrill isn't for me. But Dump Bump? CRAP! That has been a huge attraction for the crowds in years past. I think I'm gonna cry. I haven't been there since December '06. Anybody know when it closed?

jeeperguy21 said:
Well dang it! It didn't really bother me that Lion's Back had closed. That sort of thrill isn't for me. But Dump Bump? CRAP! That has been a huge attraction for the crowds in years past. I think I'm gonna cry. I haven't been there since December '06. Anybody know when it closed?

closed last year before EJS

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562221

Back