• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which control arm set up?

Mr. Pickle

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have 3 ideas in mind. This is for my XJ that has 5" of lift and the stock control arms. It is not a trailer queen and has to handle decently on the highway.

1) Currie adjustable control arms upper and lower. I have heard good things about their products and they are down the road from me so the build could start soon.

2) RE super flex adjustable control arms upper and lower with their CA drop brackets added. I like this setup and I have heard of a lot of guys using this setup and very happy with it.

3) RE long arm upgrade. I like this and it turns out to be less than my option #2.

Please let me know what you think. I am kinda burnt out on thinking about it right now so I thought I would ask around.

I think that you should stay away from the RE long arm set up all together.. Search and you will see why.. I prefer the TNT set up to the RE any day, even though I have RE TJ long arms on my XJ.. Since they were too damn slow to release the kit years ago.. If I were to do it all over I would have done a TNT kit... Don't get me wrong the long arms work great, especially when running fast across the desert, and on the trail... just my .02$ worth.

I like my RE long arms. They work VERY well when fast running. I will say, as most people will, the crossmember hangs pretty low but I have not had any major problems with it. Of course, I am not a "hard core rock crawler". It does what I want well. I am happy.

If you want to come look at it ot drive it and see what you think, I am in Garden Grove.

Thanks again everyone. I decided to go with the Currie setup and in a while I am going to get the RE drop brackets. Currie is down the road for me and now I can start the install this week.

I have heard that you have to modify the exhaust with the RE LA setup is this true? Also would you have to modify the exhaust with the TNT LA setup?

Back