• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RO-Fab Rockslider bumper

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Just put it on, this thing seems pretty sturdy, 1/4 plate steel that bolts into the old bumper mount holes and re-enforces the steering box area at the frame. $264.99 at Quadratec for the non-winch, but it's only at that price in the 07 Holiday catalog, otherwise online it's priced at $349.99.
l_2186c729c95a4bf7f9ad093a6598d8a6.jpg

The end pieces are removable to open up your tires for better approach angles.
l_b0da49d1f4f68d687d6217f478eb901c.jpg

83203v.jpg

Here is one with all the options, and yes they make a winch ready one too for $330 (sorry no special price there).

i like it, how did you go about fixing your frame?

yeah i have that same bumper on my xj

amyinthejeep.jpg

i really don't like it half the stuff didn't fit together right and it's not mounted to the front member of the frame just on the frame rails, none of the winch supports mounted up without a whole lot of muscle

Its OR fab, not RO fab.

But nice, looks good without the dinged up front bumper.

DansGreyMj said:
i like it, how did you go about fixing your frame?
A chain and a dead man pulled some of it out, hammer and dolly, straitened parts, and an impact and bolts pulled the bolt holes back into place, the main bumper blots to the frame with 1/4 steel, the sheet metal moves pretty easy with enough torque.

lowrange2 said:
Eh I have never really liked the tube bumpers like that. It looks unfinished... but I'm sure it does it's job. Looks sturdy.
x2,plus the 3 piece bolted construction is not very strong.

Begster said:
Its OR fab, not RO fab.

But nice, looks good without the dinged up front bumper.
Oops sorry, typo. Thanks, been going the last month or so without any bumper at all. Was going to go with the Warrior Products bumper with shackle mounts, but kind of liked the way it looked with out the front bumper, all minimalist and stuff, the OR-Fab was only $5 more, and WAY better, Warrior Products wasn't any better structurally than stock.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
Oops sorry, typo. Thanks, been going the last month or so without any bumper at all. Was going to go with the Warrior Products bumper with shackle mounts, but kind of liked the way it looked with out the front bumper, all minimalist and stuff, the OR-Fab was only $5 more, and WAY better, Warrior Products wasn't any better structurally than stock.

All the ORF bumper i have seen had a holt thru the thick plate where it bolted together to put a shackle into.

XJEEPER said:
Looks like something that Smittybuilt would produce........

While you're probably right, I like my smittybilt winch. It works just fine.

sorry i cant get myself to like that bumper one bit. Looks like a scene out of transformers.

tjmwr7 said:
sorry i cant get myself to like that bumper one bit. Looks like a scene out of transformers.

Transformers was the shiz! I still don't like the bumper.

I still like this one much better! Its cheaper too!

MMMMMMMMMM very sleek. I guess with this bumper you would be scewed when the bad transformers came to earth and you didnt have your transformer bumper to help save the world.

Mopar It said:
yeah i have that same bumper on my xj

amyinthejeep.jpg

i really don't like it half the stuff didn't fit together right and it's not mounted to the front member of the frame just on the frame rails, none of the winch supports mounted up without a whole lot of muscle

Mine bolted up just fine with the exception for the 3 bolt holes for the old bumper bracket on the drivers side, thats just because of the damage from the Chrysler that got in my way, fit like a glove otherwise. Only complaint is I was missing a few nuts to completely bolt the end pieces to the center section, just going to drill the holes a little bigger and use the 1/2 bolts instead, have a few of those left over.

lowrange2 said:
All the ORF bumper i have seen had a holt thru the thick plate where it bolted together to put a shackle into.

While you're probably right, I like my smittybilt winch. It works just fine.

not talking winches.....more this. Whatever floats yer sub.........

Smittybilt_predator_2L.jpg

jeep/bronco said:
i like it rather have an arb though if i was going to spend the money
ARB or Warn was my first pick, but this was about half the cost, and it serves it's purpose. Just don't see dropping $750-800 on a bumper right now, maybe down the line sometime.

Back