• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper bumpstops?

redneck23ms

NAXJA Forum User
anybody know where i can get some upper bumpstops? i'm running a re5.5" lift but the rubber upper bumpstops are gone so tire to inner fender is the current bumpstop. i'm thinking the stock height ones will be enough. anybody know where i can get some? rubber or eurathane

Can't speak from experience but I've heard hockey pucks drilled & bolted in place of OEM bumpstops work well.
Also - how many inches of bumpstop you need depends on the tire size you are running. 35s will hit the fender well much quicker than 30s for a given amount of lift... about 5 inches quicker... get it?

yes i know that they will hit the fender quicker. that wasn't the question i asked. i asked about upper bumpstops and where to get them. and hockey puck/mallets are used for lower bumpstops. thanks for the replies to the first couple of guys that can read and understand a simple question.

Call DC at DC4wd.com and tell him you want the RE Upper bumpstops for a XJ... they're 2" longer than the stock ones and are designed to be cut down if needed.... If I recall correctly there something like 25.00 shipped or so...

Chris

Sorry Redneck for trying to help, thought it pretty obvious where to get stock upper bumpstops.

If you can buy longer one all the better, no mucking around with pucks.

Hope all goes well.

no prob willow. i already have the lower bumpstop but it is just hard plastic one that came with the RE kit and the rubber piece for the upper bumpstop is completely gone. so i'll just order one of the sets listed above and be done with it.

personally i like the lower bumpstops because they don't really get snagged by the spring during flex. i've had/seen several of the longer upper bumpstops get clipped a couple times and start working themselves loose. so i like to run factory uppers and add the "extensions" on the bottom.

you can get the factory bumpstops from the dealer pretty cheap, or go with one of the aftermarket ones like rubicon express etc..

just my opinion.

Back