• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sansa MP3 player with Alpine Deck???

Hemenechi

NAXJA Forum User
I have my eye on an alpine Model: CDE-9870 but it says you can get a hook up for an ipod?? was just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the plug for the ipod and have it work for a sansa e280? or if you can just get different plug? just seeing if anyone have had the same question as me and figured it out

of if anyone knows what kinda head unit/deck would work for my set up

thanks
Jay

Hemenechi said:
I have my eye on an alpine Model: CDE-9870 but it says you can get a hook up for an ipod?? was just wondering if anyone knows if you can get the plug for the ipod and have it work for a sansa e280? or if you can just get different plug? just seeing if anyone have had the same question as me and figured it out

of if anyone knows what kinda head unit/deck would work for my set up

thanks
Jay
I use the FM transmitter for my sansa. Works perfect. I have two fm trans, one for my work truck and one for my personal.

There should be an auxillary in cable available that plugs into the changer port. This is what you're going to want to use. It's not quite as slick as the iPod integration, in that the CD unit will not be able to control the MP3 player, but it will otherwise work great.I use this same system to plug my PDA into my Kenwood CD player, and it works just fine.

Almighty is right. they do not make a different cable for you to run the sansa, ipod only with the alpine cable. you would ahve to do an aux input and run an adapter from the headphone out on the sansa. And they arent the best but some of the Sony HU have an aux in on the front you could just plug into. I would stick with alpine or clarion myself.

TheAlmightySam said:
There should be an auxillary in cable available that plugs into the changer port. This is what you're going to want to use.

This is what they used on the prior Alpine models for iPod integration, and it SUCKS. If there's even one available for your MP3 player, don't bother. I went through this with my previous Alpine, and actually got a free upgrade to the current model after pointing out some 'truth in advertising' inaccuracies in their promotional materials.

If it's an Alpine, your only option is pretty much an FM transmitter. There is an aux in adapter, but don't know how well it would work.

I'm telling ya, never had any probs with the sound quality from my FM trans. Put the sansa music EQ to full treble, then adjust the presets on the HU. The FM transmitter WILL send the music EQ signals through the fm trans. I have mastered the sansa controls. Navigation is easy with one hand.

I have the same deck and MP3 player you do. What I did was go down to my local alpine dealer and bought the aux input adapter that plugs into the disc changer socket in the back, I use it for my SAT radio and MP3 player. Works great and worth the $20, to go not have to use the FM transmitter.

Back