• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 3" RE (1341) ZJ coils?

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am looking for a coil spring 4" (maybe a bit more?) lift... and also want a firmer than 'normal' spring rate. Am wondering if the Rubicon #1341 3" ZJ coils would fit the bill?

My thinking is that since the RE 1345 4.5" ZJ coils are 220# rate, and net approx 5.5" boost on an XJ, that the 3" ZJ are likely similar rate and should be approx the ride height I desire.

I do not want to use aftermarket spacers of any sort if possible.

I went from re 3.5 xj coils to 3.5 zj coils and did not receive any additional lift, nor did I get a stiffer coil. I had to end up using spacers to get the height I was hoping for. Also it is a very soft coil. My numbers came up to 165# when I figured it, if i remember correctly...... Too lazy to look for my numbers

Stock ZJ coils barely give you a 1" lift in a stock XJ, so the most you could get out of 3" ZJ coils would be 4"s, which is what you wanted, but they wont really be that much stiffer.
If you want stiff get some F-250 coils and a 2" spacer, that'll give you 4"s, although you said you didnt want to use any type of spacer.. so that probably wouldnt work for you.

Thanks for the replies... probably will have to get the 4.5" ZJ springs and trim some off..

Back