• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poping noise when turning PLEASE HELP.

.40CalPatriot

NAXJA Forum User
When I turn in either direction I hear a poping noise and sometimes I can even feel it. This also happens when I flex. I am running a 4.5-5 inch lift with 31 inch tires. Does anyone know what is wrong? PLEASE HELP!!

Could be shot control arm bushings (lower and/or upper). Just happened to me.

Could also be the trackbar needs tightening at the axle end. Or the trackbar bracket at the frame side might be loose.

Also could be bad motor mounts.

Could be a lot of things...

Please........there was a thread on this YESTERDAY! You are welcome to the answers that are here, and a simple search turns up answers without clogging our server with 4000 threads on each topic.

Just so I don't sound like a total dick here is a hint. If you used a trac-bar relocation bracket that is likely your problem, have someone turn the steering wheel while you look at things.

goodburbon said:
Please........there was a thread on this YESTERDAY! You are welcome to the answers that are here, and a simple search turns up answers without clogging our server with 4000 threads on each topic.

Just so I don't sound like a total dick here is a hint. If you used a trac-bar relocation bracket that is likely your problem, have someone turn the steering wheel while you look at things.
I didnt use a relocation bracket and I have already looked at it while someone was steering and I couldnt find anything other than the pittman arm looked like it was at a bad angle.

Look at the bottom of this page, there is a list of similar threads. Start by reading those, and look at the bottom of those and there will be more similar threads. Read those.

Just had the exact same problem, and was convinced it had something to do with my steering box/bracing...turns out the frame mount bolt for my trackbar was about 1/2 turn looser than it should have been. After weeks of frustration (thank you to all who gave advice) a simple turn of the breaker bar fixed my clunk...make sure your trackbar bolts are tight, check and double check!

Back