• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arm reaching mount

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
im in the middle of installing my lift. re 3.5 superflex on an 01. im having some trouble with the drivers side lower control arm reaching the axle mount. it's already bolted to the frame but cant get it to reach. ive tried jacking one side up then the other, pushing/pulling on the axle, but i can't get it to reach. i had no problems with the pass. side. i tried to get it to reach with the pass. side hooked up and without it hooked up, but still cant get it. any help??

it doesn't seem like it would be easier to have it mounted to the axle and then try to get it into the frame mount because it was a pain to get the bushing to fit in the mount in the first place. thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with mine. I used a rachet strap and pulled it into place. I've had to do this to a few other rigs as well. Even had to use a rig in front of mine to strap it to. Give it a try. I only had to do this to the drivers side.

supsa said:
I had the same problem with mine. I used a rachet strap and pulled it into place. I've had to do this to a few other rigs as well. Even had to use a rig in front of mine to strap it to. Give it a try. I only had to do this to the drivers side.

I agree, done that a couple of times, is it just me or is there a pattern here with the drivers side? mine did the same dang thing. WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE DRIVERS SIDE! WHY!

just got the arms done. started using a ratchet strap then just got my dad and one of his buddies to push the axle til the holes lined up. passenger side wasnt as bad. thanks for the help.

Back