• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

after-market distributors

The stock one works great. You are not going to see any benefit from an aftermarket distributor. Spend your coin on something else.

Nothing wrong with the stock distributor. IF your stock one is bad, and IF you can't find a stock replacement locally, and IF you can buy an aftermarket distributor for about the same price as an OEM replacement I'd say go for it.

First of all guys, if I had wanted information on stock distributors, I would not have posted in the modified section asking about aftermarket distributors. Whether or not anyone thinks I need one or will see an improvement is not in question. I know I can rebuild the stock one for cheap. I am simply looking for information/websites/manufacturers of aftermarket distributors, and as with a large percentage of replies to posts of this type of subject, the replies are not answering the question posed and are only trying to convey that the repliers know more about everything than the person who posted the question. I appreciate people reading my question and appreciate helpful intentions, but would appreciate it more if the replies answered the question instead of trying to discourage me from doing what I want to do with my truck.

You are only getting information on stock distributors because that is all that is available for a 97+. None of the big Performance Ignition companies offer anything, and I don't even think the DUI would be a viable option on a 97+, I guess it all depends on what you are trying to do... which you didn't say.

Yes and No. Yes I do believe it will fit in the block, but no it will not be controlled by the computer. It uses a vacuum and mechanical advance.

I don't think you are going to find an aftermarket distributor that will let the stock computer control the timing.

IIRC the dimensions are the same as a GM HEI distributor. One of my manuals actually shows it.

97babyXJ said:
First of all guys, if I had wanted information on stock distributors, I would not have posted in the modified section asking about aftermarket distributors. Whether or not anyone thinks I need one or will see an improvement is not in question. I know I can rebuild the stock one for cheap. I am simply looking for information/websites/manufacturers of aftermarket distributors, and as with a large percentage of replies to posts of this type of subject, the replies are not answering the question posed and are only trying to convey that the repliers know more about everything than the person who posted the question. I appreciate people reading my question and appreciate helpful intentions, but would appreciate it more if the replies answered the question instead of trying to discourage me from doing what I want to do with my truck.
Point taken.

Back