• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE VS SkyJcker

chrisgood1

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to order my lift for my Xj and i wanted some help. I see that most people here preach RE but i was wondering has anyone out there used the skyjacker RR kits and how do they work. I am going to do 5.5 or 6 depending on the kit. Any advice helps thanks.

I really like my Rubicon Express lift. Great springs in the rear, smooth action in the front. Had Skyjacker on a Toyota PU. Didn't like it. Suspension felt muddy and springs were harsh. Just not as good a quality or design all the way around in my opinion.

I have a RE 4.5 lift that ive upgraded a little along the way. It flexes well and holds weight very well, both front and rear. I have weighted that thing down with brick and building material and towed a boat with it and the rears dont sag at all and the front holds a 75lbs. bumper and 80lbs. winch no problem.
I have also driven a Cherokee with skyjackers RR kit and its no slouch either. although the subframe cuts clearance alittte so does RE drop brackets for the 5.5. One thing with the skyjacker though-Guys love em for go fast driving especially Jeepspeed.
Cant go wrong with either IMO

I don't have any experience with Skyjacker, but I've installed an RE Extreme Duty long arm kit on mine, and all the components are very high quality parts. The rear springs do sit a little higher than the front, but I've been told that with a few offroading trips they will settle a little. Skyjacker has a good reputation for quality as well, but I've heard that their rod ends tend to wear out quickly and are expensive to replace. That was one of the main contributing factors in my descision to go with RE, but I don't have any first hand experience, so YMMV....:looney:

Back