• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bumper, winch, etc.... (pics)

12 Volt Man

NAXJA Member # 1383
I had a front end collision a few weeks ago. Finally got things put back together even better than they were.

There is a local guy who builds some really awesome bumpers for Landcruisers, TJ's, etc... He hasn't got too much in to the XJ thing yet. He had a couple of prototypes he had built and I was able to get a hold of one. It worked out so nice, he has decided to offer them. He will build them in batches of 10 when he gets enough orders. http://www.expeditionone.biz/

Anyway....... Ended up with painted bushwhackers, some bed liner on my rockers, superwinch with synthetic line, and an axle swap. I now have 4.56 gears w/front and rear detroits. :guitar:

dsc0131se2.jpg

dsc0132ha8.jpg

dsc0136lh5.jpg

I have a few more things planned for the near future. Stay tuned.

There is a local guy who builds some really awesome bumpers for Landcruisers, TJ's, etc... He hasn't got too much in to the XJ thing yet. He had a couple of prototypes he had built and I was able to get a hold of one. It worked out so nice, he has decided to offer them. He will build them in batches of 10 when he gets enough orders. http://www.expeditionone.biz/

He said it right here!!! :firedevil

man, that thing is sweet. Looks like it has a great approach angle for a winch bumper.
Do you have a side-on pic??

i like the angluar'ness geometric'ness of it. looks like a sharper looking protofab to me.

xjfrntpwb03.jpg

how much was it out the door, do you have pics of the mounting system.

it is the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

img_borat6_s2.jpg

He plans on selling them for 650-700 w/powder coating. Obviously less if you wanted bare metal. He has a couple of cool ideas for the actual production ones, including spots in the lower area for a highlift to lift from. Give him a call if you are interested. I would like to see him be successful with these. The mounting system is well thought out with steering box support etc..... James has an engineering degree and everything I have seen of his is top notch.

that bumper is friggin hott. i like my protofab, but damn...

Motorvated said:
What front bumper is that? Daddy likes :0

Looks like about $100 shipping to our side of the country :D :D :D

I really like the red on red...kinda makes me wish...I could still change mine to red.

Back