• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 day engine swap

xalexjx

NAXJA Forum User
bought an xj for 400$ with a 4.5" lift and 33's, had a serious engine knock when i bought it, it had been ran out of oil and spun a rod bearing, so i bought it and swaped a new engine into it

MVC-125S.jpg

HPIM7381.jpg

parts
HPIM7385.jpg

moreparts
HPIM7386.jpg

out with the old
HPIM7396.jpg

a hole that shouldnt be there
HPIM7387.jpg

a few spare parts
HPIM7398.jpg

the "new" old engine (got it for free)
HPIM7391.jpg

with all the new stuff from the bad engine
HPIM7406.jpg

one moment
HPIM7409.jpg

congrats man! wish i could find a rig like that for that price...

yea i took lots of stickers and a few other symobols off it, the back tire have less then 300 miles on them, and the front tires have about 300 miles left on them, new tuff country springs in the back, needs new springs or at least spacers in the front

artsifrtsi said:
You got that off of wantaddigest about 1 month ago, didn't you?

yes i did, saw it on a thursday, called him and showed up sat with a trailer, he took 400$ for it, i thought at first it was an intake lifter or something but it wasnt, he ran it out of oil and spun a rod bearing and seized the piston, i had an engine out of an older xj so it worked out pretty good, where in upstate ny are you, im a member out of a small club called adirondack jeeps, www.adirondackjeeps.com we do quite a few rides so hit up the forums over there, once summer starts theres a ride somewheres everyweekend

yea, were aways away from water town but we have some decent land to wheel on, see you over there, make sure you mention i pointed ya there, ha

Back