• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap pitman arm ideas?

jeepcherokee88

NAXJA Forum User
will a zj pitman arm really work for a drop pitman arm on my xj? I'm lifting to 6.5 and was looking into the 1.25 drop will this be somewhere nere?
Thank's,
Alex

Are you relocating the trackbar?
PS:please set your font size higher!

why cheap out on somthin important as a pitman, new ones can be had for $39

Call and ask..............

jeepcherokee88 said:
I like the 39 dollar idea from rock krawler but do you think its a 1.25 drop or smaller? it just says drop pitman arm
yes it is a 1.25 drop

If you must run one, just get the ZJ one from the boneyard. I think it drops a little over an inch, but I can't remember for sure.... Been a while since I looked at one.

A DP arm is generally not a good thing. It's normally just a mask for a larger problem - not a solution. And it'll cause its own problems - I hope you have a steering box brace.

I have both off in my garage while waiting for a new steering box. If it helps I could try to track both down and measure the difference. The XJ one is easy to find as I am still using it, but the ZJ is hiding somewhere within.

ZJ pitman arm is exactly 3/4" drop and no more.
I wouldn't want more than that anyway as it places a lot of extra leverage on the box and it's mount which is weak to start with.

I have the Rockkrawler drop and it is 1.25". Put it on a couple months ago when I lift to 6.5". Lined everything up great.

Back