• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

goferit tierod and currie drag link

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
i have the goferit tie rod which i believe have the dodge 3/4 ton tie rod ends and because of the larger TRE, they interfere with my swaybar mounts. if i get the HD currie drag link, will this fix the interference problem? will the dodge TRE mate with the currie drag link? thanks

If the drivers side TRE is flipped to above the nuckle you will still have some interference with the swaybar mount on the drivers side, even with the currie unit.
I have the currie set up with a goferit tierod flip & i had to do some modification to the swaybar mount.

well, i did modify the drivers side swaybar mount to clear the larger tie rod, but because the tierod is larger where it connects to the stock drag link, it hits the actual QD on the passenger side. would the currie unit bend out a little more to compensate for the larger TREs? thanks for the quick response.

pro-rallye said:
i have the goferit tie rod which i believe have the dodge 3/4 ton tie rod ends and because of the larger TRE, they interfere with my swaybar mounts. if i get the HD currie drag link, will this fix the interference problem? will the dodge TRE mate with the currie drag link? thanks
Switching to the Currie drag link will not help your clearance issue. If anything it will make it worse because the diameter is larger than the stock drag link. It is a worthy item in my opinion, and the TRE's will work if they worked with the stock drag link. (Currie TREs have the same taper as stock). But to address your clearance issues, I suggest getting extended swaybar mounts. JKS 2" mounts are nice.

sweet thanks man, thats exactly what i needed to know. i wasn't sure that because the currie unit is larger diameter, they would've compensated for that to clear everything. thanks for the input, i will just get new sb mounts.

Back