• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are all xj front fenders the same?

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I just tipped my xj on its side last night(pics up soon); I dented my door bad but the fender got the worst part of that deal. Anyway I figure the flare mounts are different but other then flare mounts are they interchangable?

Thanks
Chad

Yes, if you get the same body styles, ie a 90-96, etc. Cant tell you the break down on the years though.

But you cant swap them from a 2000 onto a 1989 without swaping the rest of the front clip.

84-96 will be mostly the same. Some mounted the header panel with a stud and some mounted them with bolts through the inner fender. You can easily make any 84-96 header panel fit any fender type by drilling a hole or using self tapping screws.

I'v had to trim a very small amount at the upper rear of the fender where it butts against the windshield gasket when using early fenders on my 94.

Also, the fender flares are interchangable through all years.

what I was wondering is... Can a pre 97 front fender fit a 97-01? Iwanted to get some pre 97 fenders and make some sick cut-out tube fenders without(further) damage to my stocker 97 fronts?

Back