• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ LIFT

WERBSEN

NAXJA Forum User
I am installing a 3-1/2" lift on my 90 XJ. Do I need to lower the transfer case? Do I need to shim the rear axle? If so, what degree? Is there anything else I will need to do?

I did NOT lower my T/C or shim the axle but was prepared to do either if needed. I had no vibes as it also is a 90. I think each may be different but most of the older XJs like ours do NOT require the measures you mentioned.

I eventually did the Hack n Tap SYE but just because I wanted to do it for future lift hight if I decide to go that route.........Good Luck.

We didn't need to do any of that either.
Ours is an '88, but like mikeforte said, the older XJ's usually don't require that at these heights. But every Jeep is different, so it's basically just trial and error.

Thanks for the info. I also had a 86 XJ that did not require the extra mods. I guess I'll just dive in and see what happens.

Back