• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help asap!

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Dose anyone have an extra u-joint strap bolt for a rear 8 1/4 i just busted one off and have no way to go get one. Im in Park Ridge about 2 miles from O'hear. Its a fine threded bolt about 3/4" long. Help! thanks tim

call 773-640-8262 if you can help thanks tim

Last edited:
xj_toker said:
Dose anyone have an extra u-joint strap bolt for a rear 8 1/4 i just busted one off and have no way to go get one. Im in Park Ridge about 2 miles from O'hear. Its a fine threded bolt about 3/4" long. Help! thanks tim

call 773-640-8262 if you can help thanks tim

Is this preventing you from driving it? If so take out the rear driveshaft completely (providing you have a newer XJ) and put it in 4WD to hobble home.

Im not stranded in bufu or anything. What happened was I droped the rear end of the rear DS after loosening the u-bolts so I could switch shims from 2 to a 4 degree shims. When I went to re-assemble everything I snaped off a bolt head(got it out tho). The other 3 bolts are in place I just didnt think it would be a wise idea to hobble to the autozone.

xj_toker said:
Im not stranded in bufu or anything. What happened was I droped the rear end of the rear DS after loosening the u-bolts so I could switch shims from 2 to a 4 degree shims. When I went to re-assemble everything I snaped off a bolt head(got it out tho). The other 3 bolts are in place I just didnt think it would be a wise idea to hobble to the autozone.

If you don't drive like an idiot, and autozone isn't too far, you can hobble there. Just be smart and stick to side streets. Or do as stated above, remove the read driveshaft and put it in 4x4 and go.

xj_toker said:

Oh, sounded like you were stranded on the side of the road or something. I pictured you using a cell phone with internet capabilities or something.

Back