• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how big to fit 36s

I have 37's on 4.5" of lift right now. They did rub some, but I have cut some more out of the fenders and adjusted the bumpstops and have not had any more problems. I am very pleased with the height also, but I do plan on going to 6.5" just so I can fit some 15" travel shocks up front without major surgery.

85cherokeechief said:
I have 37's on 4.5" of lift right now. They did rub some, but I have cut some more out of the fenders and adjusted the bumpstops and have not had any more problems. I am very pleased with the height also, but I do plan on going to 6.5" just so I can fit some 15" travel shocks up front without major surgery.

how? i was rubbing 31" swampers with a 3" lift, i have rub with my 35s and 10 inches of lift

I run 35's with 3" and have almost no rub, with no bumpstops. I have cut the fenders pretty high though. With a combination of trimming and bumpstops you should have no problem with 36's and 4.5.
Are you running stock axles? If so, be ready for some breakage with 36's.

alfredsxj said:
how? i was rubbing 31" swampers with a 3" lift, i have rub with my 35s and 10 inches of lift
because you got stock arms and shortened WB :rolleyes: 8" 37's, chopped, LA's Leaf rear, no rub

I have 36's with 7" and trimmed fenders and bumpstops. It's an inch higher than it needs to be though and I'm thinking about lowering it some. I think I would be happy with it at 6" or so, maybe even less.

Mike

Jess said:
I run 35's with 3" and have almost no rub, with no bumpstops. I have cut the fenders pretty high though. With a combination of trimming and bumpstops you should have no problem with 36's and 4.5.
Are you running stock axles? If so, be ready for some breakage with 36's.
cuttn isnt my thing, i did trim my front like the 97s tho but thats it. i just dont see how you can take a cutoff wheel or a sawzall to it and go to town. i gues its cuz i spent money on a paintjob.

alfredsxj said:
cuttn isnt my thing, i did trim my front like the 97s tho but thats it. i just dont see how you can take a cutoff wheel or a sawzall to it and go to town. i gues its cuz i spent money on a paintjob.

This is my trail rig, not the DD. I prefer function over looks. I have lots of body damage, rust holes in the floor (that oil runs into from an engine leak), and the rockers were smashed so bad last fall it took me about 8 hours to get the doors back on and lined up......but it works well.

i had 315/75/16's which are 35's on a 4.5" lift with trimming.

I'm running the 36x1350 IROKs on the RE 5.5", was running the MT/r's in the 37x1250 size, but the swampers are bigger. I cut the fenders pretty well, and moved the flares up quite a bit. I'll try to get pics

do u guys have pics of ur rigs on 36s? so i can see im goign to be putting 36s on a 5.5 and i was thinking of putting a 1.5 or 2 in spacer? what u think?

Back