• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

opinions on drop brackets

stirly

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any experience with the R.E. control arm drop brackets? Are they worth the money? Or would it be better to just buy aftermarket control arms? I have a 4 and a half inch lift.

Another one for Mod Tech......

I need mod powers.:D

Hale

I was sitting at 5", short armed on 33s. With the addition of chitty stock steering, the ride was hideous.

So the question was new long arms or RE drop brackets. I went with the drop brackets after considering the following;

cheaper, about $300 IIRC
would improve ride (returning rig closer to stock geometry)
i'm not "hardcore", i have to daily drive this POS
i would lose clearance (it's not a ton, the DBs are still above the axle)
i would possibly hang up on rock gardens etc.
i don't wheel too many rock gardens

So, I went with the DBs. Very happy. Greatly improved ride and everything works just fine . . .

Last edited:
you basically have three options

1. the drop brackets will make the jeep drive almost like it was stock, the problem is you just lifted the jeep to gain ground clearance and now you will loose some of it.

2. you could get adjustable control arms, they wont help much if any for ride quality but they will allow you to adjust pinion angle and caster which will help with any fron driveline vibes and any wandering/tracking issues you may have

3. longarms imo are the best the will give you stock like if not better ride quality, you have the adjustability for the pinion angle and caster and the allow more suspension articulation.

the choice is up to you.
personal opinion, how and where you drive/wheel your jeep, and cost are all factors in the choice

Last edited:
stirly said:
Has anyone had any experience with the R.E. control arm drop brackets? Are they worth the money? Or would it be better to just buy aftermarket control arms? I have a 4 and a half inch lift.

Yes, yes, both, good for you.

Ben H said:
Yes, yes, both, good for you.

Nice post....right to the point :) Yes, get the DB's. DC4WD.com has them for $275 shipped

Back