PDA

View Full Version : Allow me to rant!

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 12:02
Today's rant is brought to you by the incompetent twits occupying job titles all over America.

So here's the scoop. This morning I woke up absolutely STOKED. You see, today is the day the rear bumper I made comes back from powdercoating and I get to slap it on the Jeep.

Or so I thought...

The original order and label on it noted to send it to our BK08 Satin black coating. So the first moron cut the label off the bumper, didn't read it, and tossed it aside. The next moron didn't see a label, and took it upon theirselves to take the action of assuming that since its a bumper, we wanted it coated in BK02 gloss like all Warrior bumpers, instead of calling us and asking what the coating was supposed to be.

So now, I get to wait another week to receive my bumper. To top things off, they're denying that there was any label on it (the label was large and shrink wrapped onto the bumper) so now when they coat it a second time, it is at my expense.

That's the end of my rant. Listen to SBK Radio! :twak:

Avanteone
March 15th, 2007, 12:48
I'll throw a rant in here.

Doing 1.25" lift shackles and 31" All-Terrain's on a customers YJ. Ordered shackles and tires so they were all supposed to be here yesterday and the rig was dropped off today. Open up the box, only a front pair of shackles. Called my sales rep and he says no big deal, the warehouse got backordered but the rear pair were being drop shipped from a Sacramento store and I'll still have them this AM. SO, UPS shows up as promised, I open up the box and there is ONE shackle inside. What kind of douche-nozzle sees an invoice for a pair of leaf spring shackles and ships ONE????? Now I get to wait until tomorrow for the rest of the parts.

J

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 13:02
The one shackle or part thing happens alot. 4WheelParts is notorious for stealing crap outta Warrior packaging. The other day I had a guy call us because he received a set of perches from 4WP. He got a single perch in a cardboard box. Funny thing is, our perches are shrink wrapped onto a cardboard backing (like the kind you hang on a pegboard) before they leave the warehouse, they are not boxed.

old_man
March 15th, 2007, 13:38
Since it is rant day, I'll add mine. I took my rig to Sam's Club to get them to balance the 35" BFG TA/KO's. They say come back in an hour. When I get back, they have done nothing. They say the lug nuts were too tight and would not remove them. I walked out to the rig and looked at the lug nuts they marked. They were all on one tire, so I as them why they didn't at least do the other three tires and they just looked at me with a blank stare. To prove to them that the lugs were not too tight, I got out my lug wrench and gave it to my wife and had here loosen them in front of them. All they would say was that they were closing and I would have to come back another time.

They were just too damn lazy to remove the wheels and do the balance.

CanMan
March 15th, 2007, 17:01
Sweet! A rant sticky!

http://www.rockhardxj.com/images/smiles/ranton.gif

Ill throw one in... Why do people have to rant online? I mean come on, cant you get your anger out by hitting the wall, kicking the cat, or throwing a wrench at the wife? Get a life you loosers.... Why waste all this time typing a response out, when you can go home and yell at the kids instead? Just goes to show people are insecure with themselves, to look like a total ***bag online... Quit yer bitchin, and grow up. I hate ranters!

http://www.rockhardxj.com/images/smiles/rantoff.gif

:D :D

Ive had a good day, so far.

workaholic
March 15th, 2007, 17:16
Ok I've got a rant. I'm a surveyor and thus use a survey instrument. Well the instrument that I use costs $50k (roughly). We have been having one problem after another with this damn thing. So we update the software on the data collector today and low and behold our main issue goes away (it wouldn't update the dimensions to the point in construction layout mode if you moved the rod). So myself and my crew cheif are happy as can be that we can actually do our job in a decent amount of pace. Now for some reason beyond our understanding over the course of the day it slowly went back to what it was doing before (not updating while moving) until at the end of the day it damn near wouldn't function at all. My employer pays $50,000! for this thing and it cant manage to accomplish the shear reason for its design.

Tom

Blkxjkrawler
March 15th, 2007, 17:46
Ok, so I have been driving back and forth to Kirkland all week for training classes. I dont know how all you people who live in the greater seattle area, or comute there daily deal with the traffic down there. if I had to do it for more than 1 week at a time I'd be doing my best impersonation of this guy.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/ryanbarrett4/image021.jpg

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 17:47
Sweet! A rant sticky!

http://www.rockhardxj.com/images/smiles/ranton.gif

Ill throw one in... Why do people have to rant online? I mean come on, cant you get your anger out by hitting the wall, kicking the cat, or throwing a wrench at the wife? Get a life you loosers.... Why waste all this time typing a response out, when you can go home and yell at the kids instead? Just goes to show people are insecure with themselves, to look like a total ***bag online... Quit yer bitchin, and grow up. I hate ranters!

http://www.rockhardxj.com/images/smiles/rantoff.gif

:D :D

Ive had a good day, so far.

You smell like poo. :pirate1: jk

I actually have to reduce my rant. Turns out they only thought they glossed it, but powdercoated it correctly. They have to make a trip out tomorrow, so I get it then.

$16 to powdercoat a rear bumper, woo.

CanMan
March 15th, 2007, 17:52
I should of added a few of these. :rattle: :rattle:

:D

And Ryan, Ive had Jury Duty the last 4 days in Seattle. Coming from Auburn, on the best day, it still took me an hour in the morning, and 1.25 hrs in the evening. The worst morning it took me 1.5 hours to get there, and 1.75 hrs to get home.

I would shoot myself if I would have to do that all day long... Traffic sucks! Cant they make the roads/freeways better?

Damn, another rant... :D

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 18:00
I feel you guys there, Seattle traffic is messed!

Slacker87XJ
March 15th, 2007, 18:03
Ok, so I have been driving back and forth to Kirkland all week for training classes. I dont know how all you people who live in the greater seattle area, or comute there daily deal with the traffic down there. if I had to do it for more than 1 week at a time I'd be doing my best impersonation of this guy.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k68/ryanbarrett4/image021.jpg

I make the 520 crawl more interesting by driving in 4-low in traffic and trying not to catch the BMW in front of me, or by smoking wheel bearings. Nothing like some burnt grease smoke to mellow you out!

If I had better insurance and some rocker protection I would give Honda crawling a try too. I hear it's the new hotness. :cool:

mojojojo
March 15th, 2007, 19:48
i am building up to mine......i'll be back later.

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 19:49
i am building up to mine......i'll be back later.

I predict mentionings of Aussie in the near future.

ssjkakkarotx
March 15th, 2007, 20:05
Friday the Transmission in my wifes 98 Ram goes out. So we get it taken to the dealer (Robert Larson) that night. We purchased the extended warranty for it when we bought it in 05. The service shop was supposed to contact us Sat morning to give us a heads up on it. Sat comes n goes no call, same with Sun and Mon. (I am calling them daily) I call them Tues morning and finally get to talk to the service dept. He says yep tranny is done gonna cost you 3500 for a new one. I say bull it's under warranty. so he says he has to go look into it and will call back in 30 min. 6 hours later he still hasn't called. So I call him back. "yeah we found your warranty info , but we have to contact HQ to see if we can replace it" Uhh WTF. At this point I make it clear that 1. I have a valid power train warranty I paid extra for. 2. if he doesn't replace it I will call my commander and have them blacklisted. (doubt it would happen but a great scare tactic) He says he'll call back in 30 mins. 5 min later I get a call , they are going to give me a brand new tranny. Cool. They send me to rental place to get a car at dealer expense. Cool. What do they provide me with??? A Kia Rio. HOly Hell WTF is this even a car? You understand I am 6-4 230lbs right? Can I take out the driver seat and drive from the back? So now I am driving a POS , because the wife refused to drive it and tooK my XJ to school. The Tranny is supposed to be in tomorrow. Gawd I hope so. I want my Jeep back.

ECKSJAY
March 15th, 2007, 20:30
No rants for me today, except I'm sick. :twak:

I stickied this for rants and sympathy replies. :D So long as nobody harps on anyone else I'll leave it here.

Stress relief = good :helpme:

mud1059
March 15th, 2007, 20:52
I'm married.

WheelinJR
March 15th, 2007, 21:51
I'm married.

you win. haha

justjim
March 15th, 2007, 22:20
I'm married.

x2

I'm married and divorced.

Or is that two different rants?:hang:

Avanteone
March 15th, 2007, 22:25
I'm married.

Sounds like you've got a problem if you've gotta rant about your marriage. :(

MT Mike
March 15th, 2007, 22:41
I'm married.

I'm married......

AND....

My wife is 7 months pregnant. :gee: Mike

And no, I don't have any marrital problems, just LOVING the mood swings. HOO BOY!

IXNAYXJ
March 15th, 2007, 23:57
Every car I own is a stick. I have a broken left foot. :(

-----Matt-----

PDeeXJ
March 16th, 2007, 00:35
I tried to make it to 50 hours awake with no sleep while working on school projects, but I only made it to 43. :(

WaXJ_Skier
March 16th, 2007, 06:46
I tried to make it to 50 hours awake with no sleep while working on school projects, but I only made it to 43. :(

x2

and I had to rebuild my game (game dev class) from scratch 3 times in 2 weeks due to hardware failures and corrupted project files.

PDeeXJ
March 16th, 2007, 18:08
x2

and I had to rebuild my game (game dev class) from scratch 3 times in 2 weeks due to hardware failures and corrupted project files.

Nice! I've been there on video projects, but not quite as bad as that, cause afterall, the footage still exists, the problem is arranging it again.

Sniggs
March 17th, 2007, 13:38
Nice! I've been there on video projects, but not quite as bad as that, cause afterall, the footage still exists, the problem is arranging it again.
Speaking of video... *cough*TSF*cough* :gag:

ECKSJAY
March 17th, 2007, 18:55
Speaking of video... *cough*TSF*cough* :gag:

Trying to get a little more life out of that joke? ;)

black89xj
March 17th, 2007, 20:12
I've been spending a lot of time in the Emerald City this month, here's a few "observations...."

<rant>
Traffic in Puget Sound area would be much less congested if they got rid of those darned diamond lanes!!! These are creations of liberal greenies to supposedly encourage the unwashed masses to carpool. Do they work? No. What do they do? Congest traffic. Make it worse, ie, force cars to sit at idle or drive at very slow speeds were the engines use MORE fuel and put out MORE "greenhouse gasses" ie make global warming WORSE and INCREASE dependence on ferign oil.
</rant>

<rant>
So Western Warshington is so durned "green" and "environmentally conscious" and of course, "politically correct". Bah. Ok so these PCers and greenies drive these new expensive V8 rigs at maximum warp speed when they really dont need to. Increase gas consumption, more greenhouse gases, and they think they are protecting the environment. Hey why not keep yur rig a few more years and not pollute the planet by creating another car? Sheesh. I dont get it. Egocentric, materialistic, liberal politically correct morons.
</rant>

<rant>
Yah I've had a lot of parts problems myself. Right part number on box, wrong part in box. Missing parts in box. Obviously defective part in box. Each time gotta take it back.......

<rant>
Women. BAH!
Enough said.
</rant>

WheelinJR
March 18th, 2007, 14:13
Well I can't rant anymore...

This was my friday
http://gitout.com/v-web/gallery/d/17093-1/reardone3.jpg

And this was my saturday
http://gitout.com/v-web/gallery/d/17245-1/stevenson17.jpg

Now I just need the money to fix this...

http://gitout.com/v-web/gallery/d/17261-1/stevenson25.jpg

You've heard of run flat tires, but have you heard of run flat leaf springs? haha

Sniggs
March 18th, 2007, 14:23
Rusty's?

WheelinJR
March 18th, 2007, 14:25
Rusty's?

worse...

Rough Country Add-A-Leaf and Lift Shackle. New setup soon I hope.

IXNAYXJ
March 18th, 2007, 15:43
You've heard of run flat tires, but have you heard of run flat leaf springs? hahaAs a matter of fact I had a set myself. This is ALMOST totally level ground:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/Liberty/DSC01203.jpg

-----Matt-----

WheelinJR
March 19th, 2007, 11:16
I have a new Rant. Either kids or hippies at my apartment complex are letting air out of my tires.

I need to at least have a portable compressor before they start doing that.

nitrospeed
March 19th, 2007, 21:03
My rant, 2 teenage girls and a wife. Household male female ratio 1/4. Lots of chic flics and smell of nail polish remover. Oh yea and i am going to be 40 in two weeks on fools day. Besides all that life is good

WheelinJR
March 19th, 2007, 21:05
Well at least at 40 you don't LOOK old

nitrospeed
March 19th, 2007, 21:10
Thats cause i am not 40 yet. I still have 2 weeks or so. I might wake up and look older

PDeeXJ
March 20th, 2007, 05:49
I wish my dad's bday was on april fools. Every year would be particularly interesting for him.. :D So many pranks...

TheAlmightySam
March 21st, 2007, 11:28
My rant, 2 teenage girls and a wife. Household male female ratio 1/4. Lots of chic flics and smell of nail polish remover. Oh yea and i am going to be 40 in two weeks on fools day. Besides all that life is good

Wouldn't that be a 1/3 ratio?

My rant: people that use fractions wrong :)

Okay, just kidding. Here's my rant from yesterday. I work for a small auto repair shop in Kirkland, so I take a lot of phone calls. I have the utmost respect for people who immigrate here from other countries and do my best to work past the language barriers but sometimes...

Me: "Service department, this is Sam, how can I help you?"

Customer: "How many are the filter?"

Me: "Um.. well, which filter do you need?"

Customer: "The one on engine."

Me: "uh... do you need the air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, or oil filter?"

Customer: "Oils!"

Me: "What kind of car do you have, sir?"

Customer: "Volvo."

Me, beginning to grit teeth: "Okay, what kind of Volvo?"

Customer: "70."

Me: "Would that be a 1970 Volvo, or a V70, S70 XC70, C70...?"

Customer, who is beginning to get upset at this point: "V! Is V!"

Me: "Alright sir, looks like an oil filter for a V70 is $10.44."

Customer, yelling at this point: "10.44!? 8! 8 is what I pay!"

Me: "I'm very sorry sir, but $10.44 is the price on the filter."

*click*

Lovely. We've been laughing about "How many are the filter" all day.

IXNAYXJ
March 21st, 2007, 16:10
Me: "Service department, this is Sam, how can I help you?"

Customer: "How many are the filter?"

Me: "Um.. well, which filter do you need?"

Customer: "The one on engine."

Me: "uh... do you need the air filter, cabin filter, fuel filter, or oil filter?"

Customer: "Oils!"

Me: "What kind of car do you have, sir?"

Customer: "Volvo."

Me, beginning to grit teeth: "Okay, what kind of Volvo?"

Customer: "70."

Me: "Would that be a 1970 Volvo, or a V70, S70 XC70, C70...?"

Customer, who is beginning to get upset at this point: "V! Is V!"

Me: "Alright sir, looks like an oil filter for a V70 is $10.44."

Customer, yelling at this point: "10.44!? 8! 8 is what I pay!"

Me: "I'm very sorry sir, but $10.44 is the price on the filter."

*click*

Lovely. We've been laughing about "How many are the filter" all day.That's hilarious! I know all too well what you're talking about though. We used to call those customers "Too Highs." No matter what the price for anything was it was "too high! I give you half price. Cash. Now. You take deal, now!" I realize it's just a cultural thing, but their inability to realize it's different in this country is frustrating.

-----Matt-----

TheAlmightySam
March 21st, 2007, 16:21
haha, I'm glad someome else has had to deal with such customers. It is a cultural thing, so I try to understand and be patient, but it does get frustrating. We get it a lot too because we work on European cars almost exclusively.

Back when I worked with exotics, my boss was selling our car hauler, a mid-nineties Volvo Diesel box truck. He wasn't asking much for it, and the ad said "$5000 FIRM." A pair of gentlemen, originally from Kenya, came by to check out the truck and told him "In our country, we never buy anything without doing some bartering." Tim, always quick-toungued, replied with "And in this country, if you want to barter, we raise the asking price." Needless to say, they walked away without the truck.

IXNAYXJ
March 21st, 2007, 16:26
A pair of gentlemen, originally from Kenya, came by to check out the truck and told him "In our country, we never buy anything without doing some bartering." Tim, always quick-toungued, replied with "And in this country, if you want to barter, we raise the asking price." Needless to say, they walked away without the truck.It's amazing that people will pass on a screaming deal just because they can't bicker and haggle. I've seen a lot of people miss out on some really killer deals just because their pride dictated they had to screw the seller even more.

-----Matt-----

TheAlmightySam
March 21st, 2007, 17:31
I've seen the same, and certainly this particular truck was a screaming deal.

Never quite understood the whole haggling system. It's one thing on a car or a house or something along those lines, but sometimes it's pretty ridiculous. I had someone throw a hissy fit at me one time because I wouldn't accept an offer of ONE FIFTH of my asking price on a car I was selling. The car wasn't a peach, but it was worth the $1500 I was asking for it.

mojojojo
March 21st, 2007, 19:32
Ordered an Aussie locker from Northridge the beginning of January. Had i known the back order was going to be three freeking months, maybe i would have chosen something else. :badpc:

Finally shipped out today. :yelclap: Thats it, I'm done

WheelinJR
March 21st, 2007, 20:09
you bought your locker before me, but received it like a month after me, neener neener!

ECKSJAY
March 21st, 2007, 21:51
WAT ES AUSSIE LOCKER?

:wave1:

WheelinJR
March 21st, 2007, 21:55
WAT ES AUSSIE LOCKER?

http://pugpaw.com/Josh/img/lunchbox.jpg

+

http://www.sportsdecorating.com/images/locker.jpg

dbswede
March 21st, 2007, 21:59
I like the sams rant with the wife getting the lug nuts off....this is why we have illegals??????

ECKSJAY
March 21st, 2007, 22:08
http://pugpaw.com/Josh/img/lunchbox.jpg

+

http://www.sportsdecorating.com/images/locker.jpg

Oh, so like a Lock Right but not! :D

:dunce:

WheelinJR
March 21st, 2007, 22:10
yesm

IXNAYXJ
March 22nd, 2007, 17:30
Oh, so like a Lock Right but not! :D

:dunce:No, you tard. It's a lock-rite purchased in Australia. The shafts turn the other direction from the ones bought in the Nothern Hemisphere.

-----Matt-----

XJCasper
March 24th, 2007, 23:22
My current rant:

My daily driver is now the Jeep.

Avanteone
March 24th, 2007, 23:25
My current rant:

My daily driver is now the Jeep.

...but it will have a new trackbar soon ;)

XJCasper
March 24th, 2007, 23:26
Oh crap, I forgot to call you, or did you forget to call me?

ECKSJAY
March 24th, 2007, 23:28
Oh crap, I forgot to call you, or did you forget to call me?

You should PM him about it. :D

bcsavage
March 25th, 2007, 04:58
what's sad is I can relate to everyone's rants.. and I think at 27 I'm too young to have this much anger and frustration towards the general public lol.

Here's my week

Monday - Supposed to be up at 8am to be at the bank for 9:30 to get info on a mortgage. BUT, because my black cat Midnight decided to piss on my leg while I was JUST about asleep I was up too late cleaning up the mess and washing our bedding so I called and rescheduled the bank for the following monday. Go to work that night from 5pm-3am. Work sucked as these damn Alpine helicopter parts we are machining all have to be hand sanded because the cnc mill has made them a slight offset from top to bottom meaning there is this stupid ridge that has to be blended but the material still has to be within thickness tolerances. Joy, so now it's

Tuesday - 9am my frikken doorbell jars me out of my sleep. Thinking it might be my SYE from fedex I'm pulling my pants on as I'm tripping over the cat down the stairs. Get to the front living room and don't see a fedex vehicle in my driveway. Open door; JAHOVAHS F'N WITLESSES!! I can't even open both eyes and they are trying to convince me that they're form of god is somehow superior to the 14 gods that everyone else has convinced themselves is better. They try to hand me a little pamphlet. I kindly point out the bright neon orange and pink 3'X3' sign in the window that says "Absolutely NO solicitors - THIS MEANS YOU" and slam the door. So now my sleep has been broken but fook it, I'm going back to bed. Get upstairs grab my blanket and... MORE CAT PISS! Cat's not smart enough to run away so I grab him by the neck and throw his ass outside the back patio door (haven't seen him since though I think I heard him getting his ass kicked an hour later, which woke me up AGAIN!) Finally I'm back asleep for an hour and the phone starts ringing. I ignore and doze back out of it, couple minutes later it's ringing again. Must be important, I'll answer. It's the wife. What would I like for dinner? A big ol' helping of turn the ringer off on your way out the door and don't ****in' call me unless you are in labor!!! (that's right, 7.5 months in, gonna be a girl to go with the 4.5 yr old terror spawn boy). Back to sleep, get up for work. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING in this house to make a lunch with. Oh it's going to be a good night at work. Why? Cuz I didn't even get 1/3rd the way through those hand-sanders.

Wednesday - 9:15am my doorbell is ringing again. HAS to be parts... HAS TO BE!!! (you have to realize at this point in my day, I've only been asleep since 5-5:30 since I have to wind down after the night before's shift).... NOPE! Now it's some Christian woman and her daughter (about 12, like that won't stop me from yelling!). After giving them my opinion on religion and how it is the cause of all the worlds hate and anger, I return to my bed which this time is pee-reek-free, no sooner do I have my head on the pillow than my wife is calling again (yup ringer still left on, this time phone was put on her nightstand rather than half a house away) because she wanted to tell me she forgot to buy food and that if I wanted a lunch I'd have to get up earlier to go buy stuff. At this point I'm questioning why I got married, I miss living alone! Go to work, finish stupid parts, wait for fingerprints to re-emerge.

Thursday - this is where it sort of peters out to a decent weekend - still no parts, but I got some sleep! Work is alright considering it's my friday.

Friday - meet a couple of friends for some wheeling in an area I've never been in before. It's not bad, not great. Lots of dead-ends. So I'm going down this trail, goes nowhere. Go to reverse out. Spinning tires. Ok, I'm on a lump I'll go forward. Spinning tires. (I'm in 2wd because we had just gotten off the access road not that long ago and I generally don't go into 4wd until it gets rougher) So I go to put it in 4 and the handle just flops in the slot. No resistance to pulling other than what feels like a spring. Get underneath while a buddy moves lever so I can see what's happening. Broke that stupid pin that the first 'L' levers on to move the linkage. Manage to get it into 4hi by hand and start backing out. Hill is too steep go go up in reverse cuz I have no eight on the rear. Try to turn around, get stuck again in a really goopy part and it pops out of 4hi. So now I'm completely filthy, wet and cold. Good thing this was near the end of our planned day anyway. Get it home, make plans to fix in morning.

Saturday - forgot I have the kid today as opposed to him in daycare. Call up my old man to see what he's doing and if he could watch the munkey. He says sure, if I give him a hand "bleeding his brakes"... which turns into taking the whole master out for cleaning and replacing both rear wheel cylinders. 6pm we finish up, just in time for the wrecker to be closed. Guess I'll go tomorrow (sunday).

We'll see how sunday goes ;)

XJLaredo
March 25th, 2007, 22:26
I had cat piss problems a while back, little ****er thought my WHOLE house was his litter box. I kicked him out of my house, had new carpet installed and repainted the whole damn thing, kitty lives outside only now.

Pee free houses are much nicer to live in.:D

Jamez

bcsavage
March 25th, 2007, 22:40
lmao, we started with three kittens (all males). Gave one to a friend and he's not had trouble with him (we thought that he was the problem cat). Peeing continues. Both go outside, but only one shows up the next day and is let in. Other cat not seen for a month. Peeing continues but is less frequent. Other cat comes home, peeing tripples. Same cat is now back outside and not seen in a few days and quite frankly I couldn't care less if I tried as the peeing has stopped. Wrote off most of our furniture though.

XJLaredo
March 25th, 2007, 23:31
lmao, we started with three kittens (all males). Gave one to a friend and he's not had trouble with him (we thought that he was the problem cat). Peeing continues. Both go outside, but only one shows up the next day and is let in. Other cat not seen for a month. Peeing continues but is less frequent. Other cat comes home, peeing tripples. Same cat is now back outside and not seen in a few days and quite frankly I couldn't care less if I tried as the peeing has stopped. Wrote off most of our furniture though.

Male dominance. If you pee on it, Its yours........... Till you get your ass kicked outside:D

bcsavage
March 25th, 2007, 23:33
thought about pissin' on them once, little "eye-for-an-eye", but then I would have to clean up my mess. Guess I coulda done it in the shower stall with the door closed so they couldn't run... Hmmmm Lmfao!

XJLaredo
March 25th, 2007, 23:40
thought about pissin' on them once, little "eye-for-an-eye", but then I would have to clean up my mess. Guess I coulda done it in the shower stall with the door closed so they couldn't run... Hmmmm Lmfao!

Thats so damn funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wouldn't recomend being in an enclosed shower trying to pee on a cat, you might get clawed somewhere that would REALLY hurt.

WaXJ_Skier
March 26th, 2007, 00:47
Male dominance. If you pee on it, Its yours........... Till you get your ass kicked outside:D

that philosophy works great if you have roomates. They won't go near your stuff ever again.

WheelinJR
March 26th, 2007, 10:52
Make chinese food, its an instant cure to any cat urine problems.

MY92XJ
March 26th, 2007, 14:08
Wanna know what burns my britches????? besides the flame that 3' high.

I just bought a kawasaki 19.2v cordless drill at stupid prices last month. Only paid $28.00 for it, the case and a few bits etc. that came with it. Also purchased a bit kit at napa $ 39.99 to go along with it.

2 weeks ago we also purchased a set of jks quicker dissconnects.

Last tuesday the 20th the disconnects, bit set, and drill w/case were stolen.

We know who did it because there was only 3 customers here that day and 1 I was with the whole time the other dad was with the whole time. But of course we cant prove anything.

I now have a sign hanging in the garage above the charger and extra battery for the drill that says:

Attention thief !!
Who ever stole my kawasaki cordless drill and bit set on 3/20/07
your gonna need these too after all thanks to you they do me no good

too bad I can't figure out a way to hook them up to a high voltage so if they dissapear the person would have a zap

WheelinJR
March 26th, 2007, 14:10
electric fence controller ;)

bcsavage
March 26th, 2007, 17:22
Wanna know what burns my britches????? besides the flame that 3' high.

I just bought a kawasaki 19.2v cordless drill at stupid prices last month. Only paid $28.00 for it, the case and a few bits etc. that came with it. Also purchased a bit kit at napa $ 39.99 to go along with it.

2 weeks ago we also purchased a set of jks quicker dissconnects.

Last tuesday the 20th the disconnects, bit set, and drill w/case were stolen.

We know who did it because there was only 3 customers here that day and 1 I was with the whole time the other dad was with the whole time. But of course we cant prove anything.

I now have a sign hanging in the garage above the charger and extra battery for the drill that says:

Attention thief !!
Who ever stole my kawasaki cordless drill and bit set on 3/20/07
your gonna need these too after all thanks to you they do me no good

too bad I can't figure out a way to hook them up to a high voltage so if they dissapear the person would have a zap

that blows. If he returns as a customer tack on a few bucks each time to make up for your loss ;)

IXNAYXJ
March 26th, 2007, 22:38
That's pretty lame.

:(

-----Matt-----

DrSockMonkey
March 26th, 2007, 23:13
I feel especially bad for you because I have used that very drill! And for others I haven't been there in almost a month. Sorry to hear it Diana!

Jeremy

SpazMoid
March 28th, 2007, 00:47
OK I've got a good one.

As some of you may or may not know, i'm a manager at a local Lube Shop. Well one evening "yesterday" I was not there, but one of my employees got upset that he was asked to stay an extra 30mins to help clean after we were closed. He denied, and stormed off to the locker room to change and go home. Well he left a present for the "manager and owner" Heres some pics

Anyone know what Tamper Seal is?
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240006.jpg

Ok, so this stuff acts like paint. Once it is dry it is difficult to get off. It's ment to go on drain plugs/check plugs to see if anyone "tampers" with it when it comes back in for the next oil change. Well our little friend decided to use these to "get back?" at us?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240001.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240003.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240004.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240002.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/jeepers91/P3240005.jpg

So the end turned out like this. It didn't come off the wall. We had to repaint over it, costing $283.92 from a local painter. Now, the owner makes an awful decision to NOT fire or even do anything to the employee who did this. Instead he makes him write an apologie letter to me the manager, and then he takes the $283.92 and splits it 8 ways and takes it out of all of our next pay checks....

pretty F****d up if you ask me.

My Rant for the day

WaXJ_Skier
March 28th, 2007, 01:14
OK I've got a good one.

As some of you may or may not know, i'm a manager at a local Lube Shop. Well one evening "yesterday" I was not there, but one of my employees got upset that he was asked to stay an extra 30mins to help clean after we were closed. He denied, and stormed off to the locker room to change and go home. Well he left a present for the "manager and owner" Heres some pics

Anyone know what Tamper Seal is?

Ok, so this stuff acts like paint. Once it is dry it is difficult to get off. It's ment to go on drain plugs/check plugs to see if anyone "tampers" with it when it comes back in for the next oil change. Well our little friend decided to use these to "get back?" at us?

So the end turned out like this. It didn't come off the wall. We had to repaint over it, costing $283.92 from a local painter. Now, the owner makes an awful decision to NOT fire or even do anything to the employee who did this. Instead he makes him write an apologie letter to me the manager, and then he takes the $283.92 and splits it 8 ways and takes it out of all of our next pay checks....

My Rant for the day

WTF! I would complain about that

SpazMoid
March 28th, 2007, 01:15
Ya it's OK I dont' plan on spending too much time there any longer. I'm looking for an Entry Lvl Mechanics job. I've gotten offers from Machine shops, but i'm still looking.

It's only $35.00 out of my check, but still

WaXJ_Skier
March 28th, 2007, 01:43
$35 is the difference between Red and Blue (but it looks like you already took care of that).

XJCasper
March 28th, 2007, 02:18
I would be flaming if my paycheck got reduced for something like this.

bcsavage
March 28th, 2007, 04:20
uh, dunno about the states but up here in canada they can't legally take money off your cheque for damages done by a fellow employee.

If it were me, I'd file a complaint with whatever agency deals with that kinda BS down there.

WheelinJR
March 28th, 2007, 07:16
I'd get the group of employees together that got docked and throw the guy that caused it all a nice little beat down party. I'd also make him give everyone $35

WaXJ_Skier
March 28th, 2007, 09:10
I'd get the group of employees together that got docked and throw the guy that caused it all a nice little beat down party. I'd also make him give everyone $35
Wheeling = remote locations
Shovels = deep hole(s)
Wheeling + Shovels = Remote location with deep hole :farmer:

bcsavage
March 28th, 2007, 13:52
don't forget the bag of lye... I keep one around just in case I hit a poor squirrel on the highway and don't want all his squirrel buddies to find the body and get squirrel-CSI on my ass. True story ;)

hards91xj
March 29th, 2007, 07:16

My Rant for the day[/quote]This is illegal the Wa..Dept. of Labor and Industry is the one to contact. The wall you showed with Federal Labor Laws poster is also one .It doesn`t have to be you that turns it in.
The employer doesn`t have the rights to charge Employees for what others do to his property..What will he charge you and others with next.

pSYChedXJ
April 20th, 2007, 20:04
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but its my turn. Unfortunately, I have no one to blame but my own dumb a$$ for this one.

So I'm at the McChord AFB hobby shop this AM to change my oil and install some 2" coil spring spacers. Too easy, right? Oil change took all of 15min, check.

Then came the coil spacers. I disconnected the sway bar, shocks, and upper control arms. For whatever reason, my trackbar bolt has a nut instead of the little threaded tab where it mounts to the axle, so I found it impossible to get a wrench in there to remove. Therefore I couldn't get the axle to drop the whole way. Instead, I used some spring compressors to get the spacers in, no sweat. Then it came time to button everything up. Reconnect the shocks, check; reconnect drivers side control arm, check; attempt to reconnect the passenger side control arm, NO CHECK. For the life of me could not get the other control arm to line up. I tried everything; even had the shop operator come help try to pry the dang thing in place; no luck. Called John (Avanteone) and it sounds like the trackbar still being connected is the single point of failure (besides an amateur trying to wrench on his Jeep). Tried every tool in the shop, nothing worked to get the trackbar bolt out. I finally realized I wasn't driving outta there and began working on a contingency plan to get my a$$ home. :flamemad:

So now I get to tow it up to John's to let him sort out the mess. Paid $36 dollars for 6 hours on the lift to fark something up that will probably take John 30min to fix.

So what do you call a n00b who reads a bunch of articles about how easy it is to install coil spacers? That's right, a n00b. :bawl:

Okay, I feel better now.

- Jay

Metal Thrasher
April 20th, 2007, 22:13
So what do you call a n00b who reads a bunch of articles about how easy it is to install coil spacers? That's right, a n00b. :bawl:

Okay, I feel better now.

- Jay

A lot nicer things than someone who isn't willing to try or to learn from their situations. I learn everytime I work on a rig and I've taught a few Master Techs a thing or two in the past. Keep Wrenching!

CanMan
April 20th, 2007, 23:29
Couldn't you of just removed the TB from the 'frame' side? Then turn the steering back and forth to get it to line up again?

Avanteone
April 21st, 2007, 00:07
Couldn't you of just removed the TB from the 'frame' side? Then turn the steering back and forth to get it to line up again?

I tried explaining that to him over the phone.... he sounded pretty frustrated and had crappy cell phone reception :)

Low Range
April 21st, 2007, 02:04
Hi there guys and gals, New to this site so i am not sure if this is the correct thread or not.

Anyway i have a discussion/rant going on in the modified tech section under the 3-4 inch lift thread that could prove to be of interest to some Northwest owners. Just thought to pass this along and maybe save someone a little ? grief. Stay tuned. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield , pretty disgusted at the moment i will say.

Low Range

Metal Thrasher
April 21st, 2007, 08:22
Hi there guys and gals, New to this site so i am not sure if this is the correct thread or not.

Anyway i have a discussion/rant going on in the modified tech section under the 3-4 inch lift thread that could prove to be of interest to some Northwest owners. Just thought to pass this along and maybe save someone a little ? grief. Stay tuned. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield , pretty disgusted at the moment i will say.

Low Range

Respect is earned not given out as charity.

Okay I read the thread and understand your frustration. It sure sounds to me like they gave you the wrong set of springs. Probably swapped yours with the guy in Timbuktu who is now looking at his XJ with the headlights pointing to the sky. It happens and it's a pain for all involved and most likely the person at fault wants nothing to do with it.
Number one thing you need to do is to speak calmly and NICELY with the sourcing chain. If you bought it direct from RE then contact them with pure tranquility and let them know that you have a warranty situation. (Warranty = installed and found to not function properly. Not a new return which gets you past the "we can't take it back because it's been installed hurdle.) If you bought the spings from a middle man then this is their battle but again you need to approach it calm and cool.
I totally understand how frustrated you are and the effort and time you have put in that you will never get back. The trick is to get them to understand that as well in a manner that gets them to want to help.
If you can't keep the frustration out of your voice then you should resort to email, fax or snail mail to communicate with them. Also keep track of who you are speaking with and only move beyond them when you are SURE they can't help you ( accussing them of being incapable ensures they will become road blocks).

If you've been a perfect, totally calm and understanding angel through out your communications with them then you'll have to resort to either selling the springs on ebay or pulling a leaf from the pack and experimenting.... Neither is the answer of choice.

Best of luck.

DrSockMonkey
April 21st, 2007, 20:39
attempt to reconnect the passenger side control arm, NO CHECK. For the life of me could not get the other control arm to line up.
- Jay

I had the same problem, But mine was more of a 5" of lift on stock control arms.:nono: Took a Jack and spring compressors to get it buttoned up. Now of course my geometry is all fubar.:twak: But I am working on that.

Avanteone
April 24th, 2007, 17:18
OK Jay, I gave you a day to respond.... you had your chance :) hahaha Do we need to let everybody know that it took longer for the tow truck driver to get unhooked than it did for me to fix it? :gag:

J

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but its my turn. Unfortunately, I have no one to blame but my own dumb a$$ for this one.

So I'm at the McChord AFB hobby shop this AM to change my oil and install some 2" coil spring spacers. Too easy, right? Oil change took all of 15min, check.

Then came the coil spacers. I disconnected the sway bar, shocks, and upper control arms. For whatever reason, my trackbar bolt has a nut instead of the little threaded tab where it mounts to the axle, so I found it impossible to get a wrench in there to remove. Therefore I couldn't get the axle to drop the whole way. Instead, I used some spring compressors to get the spacers in, no sweat. Then it came time to button everything up. Reconnect the shocks, check; reconnect drivers side control arm, check; attempt to reconnect the passenger side control arm, NO CHECK. For the life of me could not get the other control arm to line up. I tried everything; even had the shop operator come help try to pry the dang thing in place; no luck. Called John (Avanteone) and it sounds like the trackbar still being connected is the single point of failure (besides an amateur trying to wrench on his Jeep). Tried every tool in the shop, nothing worked to get the trackbar bolt out. I finally realized I wasn't driving outta there and began working on a contingency plan to get my a$$ home. :flamemad:

So now I get to tow it up to John's to let him sort out the mess. Paid $36 dollars for 6 hours on the lift to fark something up that will probably take John 30min to fix.

Okay, I feel better now.

- Jay

WaXJ_Skier
April 24th, 2007, 17:27
reconnect drivers side control arm, check; attempt to reconnect the passenger side control arm, NO CHECK. For the life of me could not get the other control arm to line up. I tried everything; even had the shop operator come help try to pry the dang thing in place; no luck.

I used a hammer and a piece of wood

mud1059
April 24th, 2007, 18:46
I had the same problem, But mine was more of a 5" of lift on stock control arms.:nono: Took a Jack and spring compressors to get it buttoned up. Now of course my geometry is all fubar.:twak: But I am working on that.

Your springs are begging to be shot out the front of your rig.

pSYChedXJ
April 24th, 2007, 19:52
OK Jay, I gave you a day to respond.... you had your chance :) hahaha Do we need to let everybody know that it took longer for the tow truck driver to get unhooked than it did for me to fix it? :gag:

J
:tears:

Yeah, I guess I should man up and do the right thing.....

So I waited for the tow truck for about an hour, took ~ 30 min to get it hooked up to tow, made the 20 min drive up to Auburn, another ~15 min to get it off the tow truck and into the shop. Paid the guy the $60 bucks that my insurance company wouldn't cover.

Literally, if I had blinked, I would have missed the "repair." Jason didn't even stop eating his breakfast as he manned the prybar while eating a muffin as John leisurely looked at me smiling (as if to say, "I don't even need to look at this to fix it!") as he tap-tap-taaaaaappied that UCA bolt riiiiiiiight in.

At least we had a good laugh about it. Errr, make that "at least John and Jason had a good laugh at me about it."

Thanks again, John. I owe you yet again. :cheers:

- Jay

88xjchief
April 25th, 2007, 13:35
Since this is a spot to rant. Yesterday I started my new job. As I was pulling in a 2007 Silverado I cliped the wall with the backend. It put a huge gash in it and its goin to cost $1700. Luckily I wont have to pay.

IXNAYXJ
April 25th, 2007, 15:42
Thanks again, John. I owe you yet again.http://www.aztattooexpo.com/images/CAPTAIN-MORGAN-TATTOO.jpg

-----Matt-----

WaXJ_Skier
April 26th, 2007, 01:15
So yeah The last week the Jeep has been pissy as all hell. Starting last thursaday my heater valve blew up on me on my way home from work. Durring my lifting project this weekend one of the bolts holding in a rear leaf decided it didn't want to come out, it to a torch, sawzall and a grinder to convince it otherwise. Finally today when I was heading down to Ben's to do some fender trimming, the whole electrical system decided to shut down and we had to use a tow strap to get me the last ~1-2 miles to his house. Turns out problem #1 caused some accelerated corrosion on the battery cables and I had to replace those today. I haven't made it to the gym in a week due to constantly having to do work or go get parts for the jeep.

SpazMoid
April 26th, 2007, 03:15
So yeah The last week the Jeep has been pissy as all hell. Starting last thursaday my heater valve blew up on me on my way home from work. Durring my lifting project this weekend one of the bolts holding in a rear leaf decided it didn't want to come out, it to a torch, sawzall and a grinder to convince it otherwise. Finally today when I was heading down to Ben's to do some fender trimming, the whole electrical system decided to shut down and we had to use a tow strap to get me the last ~1-2 miles to his house. Turns out problem #1 caused some accelerated corrosion on the battery cables and I had to replace those today. I haven't made it to the gym in a week due to constantly having to do work or go get parts for the jeep.

I could have subsituted your Gym thing with making you walk to Schucks...LMFAO it's only like 7miles round-trip.

Yes, I do admit this sucked, but it was lucky that you were only 1 mile from my house. With an easy tow home, and a ride to schucks, now you have 2 brand new cables, and this wont' be an issue any longer. Plus you got your fenders trimmed and ready for those 32"s. Good deal. I believe we finished under 2 hours, so not bad.

WaXJ_Skier
April 26th, 2007, 04:36
I could have subsituted your Gym thing with making you walk to Schucks...LMFAO it's only like 7miles round-trip.

Yes, I do admit this sucked, but it was lucky that you were only 1 mile from my house. With an easy tow home, and a ride to schucks, now you have 2 brand new cables, and this wont' be an issue any longer. Plus you got your fenders trimmed and ready for those 32"s. Good deal. I believe we finished under 2 hours, so not bad.

I agree the jeep is better off now because of it. Right now I feel as though the Jeep is wearing the pants in this realationship and I'm not liking it.

mud1059
April 26th, 2007, 07:08
Right now I feel as though the Jeep is wearing the pants in this realationship and I'm not liking it.

Welcome to Jeep ownership. This is why the smart ones don't wheel their daily drivers.

- Not saying I'm smart just saying it's a smart way to go.

WaXJ_Skier
April 26th, 2007, 07:37
Welcome to Jeep ownership. This is why the smart ones don't wheel their daily drivers.

- Not saying I'm smart just saying it's a smart way to go.

I agree if the funding was there I wouldn't be DDing the Jeep but whatever.

JBweld
April 26th, 2007, 08:14

Meh. I'm still driving mine every day. It's no stocker either. Sometimes the Jeep adds drama. Just try to be prepared for it (and always have your cell phone with you).

Avanteone
April 26th, 2007, 08:52
Meh. I'm still driving mine every day. It's no stocker either. Sometimes the Jeep adds drama. Just try to be prepared for it (and always have your cell phone with you).

I've driven my jeep every day this week :yelclap:

Gotta get a few miles on the gears before we go to Moab.

WaXJ_Skier
April 28th, 2007, 13:39
While I was @ work last night my roomate, her sister, and a bunch of her sister's friends stole all the beer out of my room.

TRSCobra
April 28th, 2007, 13:43
While I was @ work last night my roomate, her sister, and a bunch of her sister's friends stole all the beer out of my room.

You have a female roomate? :D

Blkxjkrawler
April 28th, 2007, 13:56

Duh, Sorority sister.:D

WaXJ_Skier
April 28th, 2007, 16:06
in about a week I'm going to have two

Sniggs
April 28th, 2007, 23:05
http://everythingbuthockey.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/threescompany.jpg

"...Come and knock on our door..."

WheelinJR
April 30th, 2007, 16:05
My rant thread hit 7 pages woo!

New rant time!

MY BACK HURTS!

That is all...

WaXJ_Skier
April 30th, 2007, 17:00
Chicks suck. I just found out this girl I met has been cheating on her boyfriend with me. She told me she didn't have one. I feel like a douche bag now. I don't know the guy but it still makes me feel bad.

CanMan
April 30th, 2007, 17:07
Chicks suck.

Literally! :D

I just found out this girl I met has been cheating on her boyfriend with me. She told me she didn't have one.

Sweet! Thats her problem, not yours. Just make sure to be ready to throw a few punches. :D

I feel like a douche bag now. I don't know the guy but it still makes me feel bad.

Why would you feel like one? You are one. :D :D J/K

Don't feel bad, I wouldn't. My standards are really low, so Im never disappointed. :looney:

WaXJ_Skier
May 4th, 2007, 15:18
I just got in the mail what was supposed to be my lift shackles. I open the box and whats there? ... a ****ing track bar exstension bracket. I'm pissed.:flamemad:

WheelinJR
May 4th, 2007, 16:24
I just got in the mail what was supposed to be my lift shackles. I open the box and whats there? ... a ****ing track bar exstension bracket. I'm pissed.:flamemad:

who screwed that order up? Rustys? :hang:

WaXJ_Skier
May 4th, 2007, 17:56
who screwed that order up? Rustys? :hang:

no it was BD Performance