• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tomken tranfercase skid

CHUGLYxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, I bought a used skid and it didn't come with the "y" mounting piece. Where does this mount? I tried to contact Tomken but did not get anything back in response. If someone would have better pics then listed on their website as well so I can fab a mount.

thanks

If it's for a 96 or earlier, that y-bracket connects to the bolts for the front seat belts (female ends).

xjohnnyc said:
If it's for a 96 or earlier, that y-bracket connects to the bolts for the front seat belts (female ends).
thats the one, thanks

it looks like this, sort-of, I don't have the "pad" in the lower corner either
tms-1332-pa.jpg

Last edited:
That little bracket hooks onto the crossmember. I suppose you could do without it since you have attachments points in the three other corners. You'd just have to figure out a way to keep it from rattling. Or fab up a bracket.

xjohnnyc said:
That little bracket hooks onto the crossmember. I suppose you could do without it since you have attachments points in the three other corners. You'd just have to figure out a way to keep it from rattling. Or fab up a bracket.

the little bracket goes to the seatbelt bolts.

rockwerks said:
the little bracket goes to the seatbelt bolts.

What's up Brian?

The little bracket in the far left in the picture slides onto the crossmember lip and the two screws hold it tight.

The Y-bracket goes to the seatbelt bolts.

xjohnnyc said:
What's up Brian?

The little bracket in the far left in the picture slides onto the crossmember lip and the two screws hold it tight.

The Y-bracket goes to the seatbelt bolts.

yep its me...............I think

and correct on the bracket placement

Back