• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle end seals? D30

Mechanic_Dave

NAXJA Forum User
I've tried searching, not coming up with anything. I have recently replaced my front U-joints on my non-disco front d30 and my dust shields did not want to fit back on. I have new ones on order, dirt cheap. Anyway, I have looked at the superior axle tube ends, but apparently they never have stock. I work at a dealer that sells that stuff. Is there another manufature that makes such a thing? Or even a member on the forums here? They are just turned aluminum and o-rings with a seal and a grease nipple. Mine is actually a 1991 XJ, but I don't see anything else besides the Superior one (which is listed for 97-newer). Those factory dust caps are really S**t, and I didn't know this untill I just recently.
Thanks

As long as you have a non-disco HPD30, absolutely all of the tube end/shaft/u-joint spacings were the same. What I am trying to say is the 97-newer ones will work. Some of the older Jeeps had a dust slinger that was a steel ring that was welded to the axleshaft. This is easily ground off.

Alloy USA makes them as well. Lots of the big name Jeep parts houses sell them, just do a search. I have had a set of the Alloy USA ones for years. I broke an axleshaft inside the carrier once, I was able to remove all of the pieces except for the chunk that was lodged in the carrier (ARB). I taped up an appropriate sized socket and slipped it into the seal. Drove it home two hours like that. I won't run a D30 without those seals.

HTH's
A.

Thats great, is there one that is really better then the others? I just had a look and found a couple different ones, however prices are almost the same. Being from Canada I am looking at bending over the barrel when it comes to S&H plus broker fees which could amount to as much as 40%. Those $63 seals will amount to $120 very quickly.

Back