• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheels and lift

filmsomething

NAXJA Forum User
First
I need to pick up some rims for my new tires. Just looking for some basic black rims that will be durable. I figured AR 767's would do well. Is there anything else out there that might work for a little less? Also where is the best place to get a good price on some wheels?

Second
I need to lift this thing asap. Just looking to do a simple 3" lift, its going to be trailered so it doesnt really matter how it rides as long as it works. I was trying to stay under 700 with a trac bar, shocks and full packs but it is looking like that will be hard to do. Any suggestions?

Rusty's will be your best bet, i know a lot of guys running Rusty's stuff and it hasn't failed them yet. i run the 4.5 lift and haven't had a problem except with the bushings wearing out on the rear leafs (i live in Michigan with a lot of salt on the roads. i have also had them installed for 3 years and wheeled it pretty hard).
just make sure you get a t case drop and the full leaf packs. i actually think my Rusty's set up rides better than my gf's stock 2001, but it is probably due to my removed sway bars and long arms.

filmsomething said:
Not going to stay under my budget, and I'm not going for ride quality so why spend the extra?

Because it's a quality product that will hold up for your intended use. You can sell the sway bar disconnects and use the money towards a trackbar or shocks. Do it right the first time the extra cost is well worth it for the extra quality. Otherwise look for some of the parts used and then buy some of the other pieces new.

filmsomething said:
First
I need to pick up some rims for my new tires. Just looking for some basic black rims that will be durable. I figured AR 767's would do well. Is there anything else out there that might work for a little less? Also where is the best place to get a good price on some wheels?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92601_4XX_PG.htm

Back