• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for new exhaust system

darock8566

NAXJA Forum User
hey every one, iv been lookin all over on people opinions and all other websites cant figure out what exhaust cat-back system i want. I got a 97 XJ country edition 4.0 im lookin 4 a nice deep sound but nothing to loud. also while im on the exhaust note should i just get a new header while im looking to do the cat-back system or should i wait till sumtin happens 2 the header. its looks rusted now thats it no leaks or n e thing,
thanks guys

Summit Racing sells a cat back kit made by Dynomax. Browse around for a few on their website and youll find it, its under $100 and their shipping is usually free or very cheap. Good luck

I just replaced my whole exhaust Dynomax sounds great with a header, I got a pacesetter but the apn looks to be the best deal. I just don't like how the tail pipe drops at the end (clearence issues, see myself setting it on a rock)
Good price though.

I got mine bent up by local shop with a Flowmaster 40 series, and it sounds great. Total came to $125 with tax. Could have got it for $100 if I went with cheaper muffler, but I like the sound of the Flowmaster. I went with 2.25" from cat back. Soon I will put on my Borla header that I got for free. Somebody dropped it off in front of my parts XJ one day?? I would check around at the local shops and see what kind of deal they can throw you're way, you might be surprised.

Back