• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Driveshaft

mundur5

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. awesome news. I broke my driveshaft tonight.

The reason this is here is because I am lifted 4.75" on 33's.

Anyways, I posted a couple of days ago, about my car vibrating or shaking pretty bad only when I was accelerating. Well tonight when I went around a turn at about 20 mph, and hit the gas. Right then I heard a pretty loud noise and no longer had any power to my rear wheels. I pulled over and got out and looked underneath my car. My driveshaft was dragging on the ground. I broke the joint where the driveshaft meets the rear diff.

I talked to my dad, because I don't have the money to fix it. I was wondering what advice you guys may have. I know I will be getting an SYE and new Driveshaft when I get my new lift hopefully this summer. So I was wondering if I should do that.

The thing is though if I can only replace the joint on the DS, and that is gonna be a lot cheaper, then I will have to do that. So, any advice would be great. I appreciate it.

If your driveshaft is still in good shape just install a new u-joint for like ten dollars, you'll have to swap out your shaft when you go to put your sye in

Yeah, thats what I figured was going to happen. It was dark when it happened so I don't know what the DS looks like. But I assume that it is ok.

I took it to a local garage up hear in Boone, NC. and I got it fixed. It was just the U-joint at the diff that was busted. They fixed it up and now it rides really smooth again finally. Charged me $25.00 for parts and $50.00 for labor but they also had to tow me. So $114.00 but I didn't think it was to bad.

Back