• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECTED Problems

guther66

NAXJA Forum User
I purchsed a D30 ECTED and also had proplems with it. The first two times I engaged it, it popped. After that, nothing. From what bj-666 wrote, it sounds like he had the same type of problem. I played around with it inside the diff. and noticed that the magnet wouldn't pull the "washer/plate" over far enough for the locker to fully engage. I've sent it back and they worked on it and sent it back. The engineer didn't say anything about it when I talked to him on the phone. I got it back last night and played around with it. I hooked it up to a battery and still the same thing. It pulls the shims but the "washer/plate" doesn't get pulled all the way over. The "washer/plate" I talk about sits between the coil and the locker housing. It basically as the same OD as the coil. For those that had problems with theirs, I was wondering if you noticed the same type of thing.

I do have to say though, great customer service when you can get a hold of someone.

bj-666 ended up going back to Auburn Gear a second time, and they gave him a new locker that worked correctly.

There was some problems with the springs in the first generation dana 30 ected (I spoke with one of their engineers a while back about it). They corrected the problem but are not doing a blanket replacement on them. I'd call back and be polite but press the issue a little bit, I'm sure they will replace it with a new (and next gen) unit.

And yes, they do seem to have great customer service.

Back