• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop brackets & fixed arms.

XJLaredo

Member# 1562
I'm running the RE 4.5" on my 92 Laredo and have the RE drop brackets to add to the mixx. Is it recomended to have adjustable control arms or is running fixed arms ok? It seemed to me the fixed arms would move the axle forward an inch or two. Anyone have any experience with doing this?

And this question is different that the other arm and bracket thread.

Thanks,

It'll be fine. I have my old arms from a 3" lift and drop brackets, the axle is forward a bit but it works fine. Sitting at about 4.5-6" or so now.

RE sells the 5.5 inch kit with fixed arms and drop brackets. I think the arms are same length as stock, didn't measure them, just threw them on. The kit does say that you don't run any caster shims. The DB's drop the mount points 4", so you basically can have a 4" lift with stock length arms and stock geometry. The 5.5" kit would give you a the same geometry as a 1.5" kit with stock length arms.

Good point about the 5.5" kit markw.

Thanks guys.

It also moves them forward one inch.

Mine has the RE 5.5 kit with the DBs and fixed arms. Wheelbase is for sure a little longer.

I am not sure what XJs came with the shorter front shaft but it doesn't work well with the 5.5 DB kit. I have seen the short front shaft in automatic and 5-speed XJs.

Thats what I plan on doing with the ones you sold me James. You going to have them on by this weekend?

Get ahold of Terry on Rockhard, he cut his fixed CA's, made them adjustable, if that is something you want to do in the future.

TheNerd said:
I would get one set of adjustables just to dial in the front pinion/caster balance angle.
Uppers for that.

Back