• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arms and lift ??

AZRockRunner

Nobody
Ok, I have a Rustys 4.5" lift installed and I have removed 1 leaf from the 4.5" pack and it still sits at about 6" of lift in the rear. So, since I do NOT like the stink bug look, I will be installing some 1.75" spacers in the front. This should bring it level. Now my question is this:
Will my upper and lower control arms be ok still? I have the adjustable uppers but fixed lowers from Rusty's.
I am not worried about the shocks becouse I have bar pin eliminators in the front and this spacer lift should make the shocks that came with the lift work PERFECT.
My only concern is with the pinion angle and axle location.

Thanks in advance

Don't be in such a rush. Let the springs settle. All leaf springs settle, some more than others. If you want to hurry the process, put 2-300 lbs of junk in the rear and drive it that way for a few weeks. If they are typical of most leaf springs, in 6 months you'll be beffin' that they settled too much.

I have been running this lift for 6 weeks now with 300 pounds in the rear and 2 trail runs already. It needs to go up in the front. If the rears sag, I can always put the 6th leaf in. I want to be at 6" total anyway.
So, anyone on the lenght issueof the arms?

Thanks in advance

Back