• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0138 code, which fuses for 02?

mjd99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all you lucky FSM owners, Anyone feel like digging theirs out and possibly posting the flow chart for p0138, its bank1 sensor2 shorted high. Ive read all the posts and some people mention two fuses to check for the heater in the sensor and i cant find either in my crappy haynes manual or the owners manual. Id like to know its a bad sensor before i pay about 100$ for it. Ive already checked routing of wires and looked for loose pins and all that... sooo a flow chart (if there is one for that code) would be great! Thanks for any help guys, damn NYSI due this month and cant let the CEL stay on.

Might not be a bad sensor...how often does it come on?

The reason I ask is because i've been chasing this very same code for what will be two years this spring. I can run it up and down the highway (which is the majority of my travel) all day long with zero problems. If I do any around town driving (which is the case at school, as everything is only a couple of miles down the road), the light comes on 99% of the time.

I've hooked a very expensive scanner up to it to monitor the readings on both o2 sensors, and various other sensors. All have checked out every time. I am wondering if maybe my converter is in fact starting to not work properly, and the sensor is actually trying to tell me something. I guess i'll find out in the next month or so, as i'm hopefully getting a magnaflow converter for Christmas :D

Back