• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diagnostic Monitor Test codes

jmh9000

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have an idea as to what system these codes correspond to? Trying to get my 2001 past the emissions inspection. I’ve cleared all the Pxxx
codes through various fixes. Tryin to get a drive cycle finished and can’t get the evap and O2 sensor heater check to run. the CEL is off and there are not any pending codes. Digging into my code scanner and it has a list of diagnostic tests that have been run and their current status. The problem is I can’t find a chart that explains the code associated with the test. All of the tests have $xx number. My $52 and $53 are reading low. Just have no idea what is low and can not find a single chart online that tells me.

0ec69126bfa4e95b83a83d80e4cfc7ed.jpg

Finally found the the info I was looking for. The keyword I was missing in my vocabulary was PID “Parameter IDs”. These are the ID's for the various systems that are being monitored. $53 is the Absolute Evap system Vapour Pressure. $52 is Ethanol fuel %. Full list is online in a OBDII developers website http://obdcon.sourceforge.net/2010/06/obd-ii-pids/. $53 probably explains why my EVAP system check hasn't run yet. Now I just need to figure out why it's reading low.

Are you able to pass with 1 or 2 I/M monitors in the not ready state? You should be able to call your DMV testing center and get that info.

Back