• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bumper problem

solomaster278

NAXJA Forum User
When taking the bumper off one of the 6 blots broke. It ends up being back bolt, I tryed to using an easy out and broke the easy out off in the bolt. Is there any way to get it out.

Normally, I would say run over and buy a set of left handed drillbits. As the bits start to catch, they will want to unscrew the remains of the bolt as they drill.. if its really stuck, you will end up stepping up 3-4 sizes and eventually what little remains of the bolt should be easy to remove.

Having an easy out stuck in there makes it a lot harder, but you want to do basically the same thing.. or you can drill it out forward and push the remains through the back of the nut.

I had that happen to me when I was putting in some BPE's, I ended up drilling out the screw extracter and re-tapping the hole for new threads, I know it was smaller bolts (BPE's vs. bumper bolts) but its the same idea. Hope that helps some. JOE>

I Had 2 break on my so I just took a Cobalt drill bit and drilled the holes out. Took a Tap and rethreaded the hole and put in now bolts. COBALT!!! NOTHING IS BETTER FOR DRILLING VERY HARD STEEL!

Back