• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reaming out knuckles and pitman arm...

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Is there any certain way I need to do this? I ma installing the JCR steering Saturday and using their 5/8" reamer to do it. I am having a local club member "guide" me through it, but I've never used a reamer before. I am told you can F it up if not careful.

Any tips to make this go smooth?

That and tie the pass side knuckle back,and the drivers side forward so that they are againt the stops and wont "torque-out" under the load.

Wil Badger said:
ya a low speed on the drill and lots of cutting oil.make sure to keep it a true 90* to what you are reaming .

How does a dril lattach to the thing? It has like a T handle on it.

How do I keep it a true 90*?

RCP Phx said:
That and tie the pass side knuckle back,and the drivers side forward so that they are againt the stops and wont "torque-out" under the load.

Tie to what though?

Damn I'm getting nervous

ZachMan said:
Tie to what though?

Damn I'm getting nervous
Anything,just so it wont move when the reamer starts to grab(go slow/light pressure) let the reamer do the work.Ask XJNation(he bought me a nice shiny replacement one).

ZachMan said:
How does a dril lattach to the thing? It has like a T handle on it.

How do I keep it a true 90*?

The reamer I have, the t-handle can slide right out. We took my brothers knuckle off and clamped it in a vice to get it straight. Not really sure how to get it perfect while on the axle.

Damn I'm gonna see if I can squeeze into my offroad shops schedule tommorow.

Back