• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Offroad leaf spring bushings

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody know if the BOR 6" leaf spring bushings are the same size as stock leaf spring bushings? I need a replacement set and nobody at BOR will answer the phone.

Maybe if someone knows what size the stock bushings are I can just measure mine and see if they are the same.

Best way to get ahold of them is by their email adress on their website. IIRC the website states that email is the best way to contact them. It worked for me.

Not sure about the bushings. Was wondering how you liked the leafs. On their site it says that they recomend using a shackle on the leafs. Did you? And if so, did the 6" leafs give you more than 6"s.

John John doesnt like to use the phone for some reason... but e-mail responces get there real quick...

XJ_ranger said:
John John doesnt like to use the phone for some reason... but e-mail responces get there real quick...

Thanks Opie, but I didn't feel like dealing with the whole e-mail thing. Far too many times recently I have dealt with companies via e-mail and have been let down with their service and lack of response, especially when I need the parts quickly. If a company won't talk to me in person or on the phone, I won't waste my time even dealing with them.

The leafs work good, got plenty of lift from them. They even flex pretty well. I run a daystar extended shackle with them.

So I just ordered a set of stock bushings and I'll just hope for the best.

I have't received a voicemail requesting some bushing, or I would have returned the call. Sorry if it's trouble on my end.

Standard XJ bushing will fit if I remember correctly. Sorry I am away from my office right now and can't check.

Anyone here can email me via PM, direct, or call and leave a message. I usuallly get back to everyone by days end. If I have to leave the office no one else picks up that phone, so please leave a message.

As for the bushings, I can get a set out on Monday if you like.

Bryan C. said:
If a company won't talk to me in person or on the phone, I won't waste my time even dealing with them.

So I just ordered a set of stock bushings and I'll just hope for the best.
Thanks for the sig, Bryan.:D

JohnJohn said:
I have't received a voicemail requesting some bushing, or I would have returned the call. Sorry if it's trouble on my end.

Standard XJ bushing will fit if I remember correctly. Sorry I am away from my office right now and can't check.

Anyone here can email me via PM, direct, or call and leave a message. I usuallly get back to everyone by days end. If I have to leave the office no one else picks up that phone, so please leave a message.

As for the bushings, I can get a set out on Monday if you like.

Thanks for the reply John. And for the record my post wasn't meant as a knock on BigOffRoad, just the result of some bad experiences with other vendors lately.

If the stock bushings will work then I am set. If not, I'll get ahold of you later in the week. Thanks again.

Bryan C. said:
Thanks for the reply John. And for the record my post wasn't meant as a knock on BigOffRoad, just the result of some bad experiences with other vendors lately.

If the stock bushings will work then I am set. If not, I'll get ahold of you later in the week. Thanks again.

I didn't take it that way, no problem. Feedback is good, no matter what form. Thanks!

holeshot said:
did the 6" leafs give you more than 6"s.

The new "Flex-Duty" leafs give a true 6". I've been running the prototype set since October and they haven't sagged yet.Real nice ride both on the road and on the trail- better than my old RE leafs.

Last edited:
Just to put some actual tech info in this thread.

I have confirmed that stock XJ leaf spring bushings work perfectly.

The only problem I had was I found both leaf spring center pins were broken. One side actually was bad enough to allow the axle to move approx 1.5" forward. When I disassembled the other side, I found that side had broken too. Not good for a set of springs that have only been in since last September. And for those who think the u-bolts were loose and caused the pins to break, sorry. All 4 u-bolts were torqued down to factory spec and rechecked regularly during the last 9 months. From looking at the damage done, it appears that the pins have been broken for some time too.

On to some pictures.

The broken center pins:
standard.jpg

Damaged spring perch:
standard.jpg

You can see how far the springs had moved out of position:
standard.jpg

I didn't have time to look for some real center pins, so I used a couple of grade 8 bolts and ground the head until it was round:
standard.jpg

Oh, and here I am pressing in the new bushings.
standard.jpg

I'm disappointed in the center pin issue after only 9 months of runs, and I will never run those noisey ass urethane bushings on my rig again.

Are the center pins 5/16" or 3/8" on those leaf pacs?
I've had much better luck with mine after I drilled them out to 3/8".

Jes said:
Are the center pins 5/16" or 3/8" on those leaf pacs?
I've had much better luck with mine after I drilled them out to 3/8".

They are 3/8" pins. I almost drilled them out to 7/16". I guess I'll wait and see if the new grade 8 bolts will hold hold up better before doing that.

3/8" grade 8 bolts should hold up well. That's what I'm using and haven't had any issues with them.

Back