• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wobble question: is it my LCAs?

fizassist

NAXJA Member #1052
I'm trying to track down a slight wobble in the front end over 55 MPH. I just installed a 3" OME lift, and the wobble got much worse. After zeroing toe and centering the axle with an adjustable trackbar, I was back to the original wobble. I just got new tires (31x10.5R15 BFG T/A KOs), and the wobble is the same as with the old 235-75r15s.

I watched underneath while my wife turned the wheel stop-to-stop several times. I don't see any of the joints/bushings slopping much until she gets to the very end. Then the wheel stops moving and the LCAs flex, shifting the axle quite a bit to the side. Is this an indication that the LCA bushings are too sloppy? Should I think about sticking in polys or just buying new stock LCAs from QuadraTec?

Thanks!
Ben

if the axle shifts from sid to side then I would suspect something to do with the trackbar.
It's the trackbars job to keep the axle from shifting, not the LCA's. Check the upper trackbar mount and then look at it's bushing. You might also want to look at the trackbar bracket on the axle, sometimes the hole wallows out if the bolt was a little loose.

Back