• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinker Problems - Please help

99xj4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I am having a very strange problem...

When I use my left blinker with the running lights off, it flashes, but so do the clock and other lights, like someone is turning the running lights on and off quickly.

When I have the running lights on, and switch the left blinker on, it stays solid and does not blink.

When the running lights are turned on, both rear (not front) amber blinker bulbs illuminate and stay on.

The right blinker works fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

check the blinker fluid? :confused1

Start with replacing the blinker relay. May just be worn (High resistance) and not enough current to make it work.

i would say you have a bulb in wrong or wiring gone bad, check bulbs first and make sure they are in correctly.

If the relay doesnt fix the problem, it is possible that you may have a bad ground if your interior lights are blinking with the turn signal. You may also have a bad dimmer switch.

I had a very simmilar problem. My blinker would not flash at all even after changing out the flasher and the bulb but if I turned on my parking lights then the light in the dash would come on and stay on. What ended up being the proplem was the bulb conector for the parking light/blinker bulb in front. Replaced it with one from the pick n' pull and no more blinker problem.

Back