• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what length rear shocks?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am running RE monotubes that came with my 4.5" lift (same as 5.5") anyways if I move my ditch digging stock mount on my 8.25 up to behind the axle tube and use BPEs, what length shock will I need? Will stock shocks work maybe? I am doiing this soon and need to have the new shocks onhand when I do it.

Also will shorter shock affect my flex in anyway? I am bumpstopped properly.

Last edited:
At ~5.5" lift(RE4.5 + 1" steel block), BPEs and shock mounts behind the axle; I run stock length RS9000. I run a larger diameter axle tham the Chrysler, but center line is center line. I'm bump-stopped for up travel at the point in which my 33" rear tire hits the top of the trimmed (max trim) rear wheel well. Because of the 14" wide tires on 10" rims, I really can't "stuff" the rear tires. One thing is for certain, bump stop or not, I cannot run the Rancho lenght for 3" to 6", they do bottom out. Hope this helps.

Bent said:
At ~5.5" lift(RE4.5 + 1" steel block), BPEs and shock mounts behind the axle; I run stock length RS9000. I run a larger diameter axle tham the Chrysler, but center line is center line. I'm bump-stopped for up travel at the point in which my 33" rear tire hits the top of the trimmed (max trim) rear wheel well. Because of the 14" wide tires on 10" rims, I really can't "stuff" the rear tires. One thing is for certain, bump stop or not, I cannot run the Rancho lenght for 3" to 6", they do bottom out. Hope this helps.

Thanks it does, its the same info I was given by someone else. So stock length shocks for my rear.

Back